What's new

Need help with Sony receeiver setting (1 Viewer)

robert88

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
My receiver has a separate HDMI SW level and i am not sure what to do. You can put it at auto, 0 or +10db. Which setting should i use?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Depends on what you hook up to each HDMI. I assume this "setting" is also for EACH HDMI...not a "blanket for all" HDMI setting.
Most BD players are set up for -10db from the factory to take into consideration you "will probably send" all the other 5.0 sound to the .1 under 80hz...so all those "other" 5.0 under 80hz will each add 2db...
2db x 5.0 = 10db...hence why BD players come -10db.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
That setting is probably to compensate for the low suwoofer output of the Multi-Ch inputs when using DVD-A and SACD. I'd leave it set to 0. Use the adjustment in the speaker setup menu to calibrate the subwoofer volume to the other speakers. Some receivers/pre-pro's have a -10 setting to lower the subwoofer output when using a two ch analog connection.
But it wouldn't harm anything to set it to +10 if it sounds better for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks