Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Amazon Deal Day: Abbott & Costello: The Complete Universal Pictures Collection $47.99 (60% off)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,669 posts

Posted July 19 2012 - 02:56 AM

Posted Image

http://www.amazon.co...SVR9SH9MWKGAP6A

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,602 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 19 2012 - 04:50 AM

Ay yi yi .....   just one week after I finally got around to buying that from them for $86!   

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,669 posts

Posted July 19 2012 - 05:02 AM

Is it still unopened?  I would re-order and return what I have.

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,602 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 19 2012 - 05:12 AM

Good idea, but yes, it's opened.  But get this:     The copy they sent me -- new, sealed and in otherwise perfect condition throughout -- was missing the digipack with discs 7 and 8.  First time I've seen something like that.  Reported it to Amazon and a replacement copy is on its way, whereupon I'll be returning the first.  The second one should be here tomorrow.   Oh hell, maybe I'll call again and ask about the price break in consideration of the "trouble" I've been through.     Worst that happens is they say no.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,669 posts

Posted July 19 2012 - 05:14 AM

You will be greatly surprised.  Amazon is very good about taking care of customers who feel let down.   Let me know how it works out.

Ronald J Epstein

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Travis87

Travis87

Stunt Coordinator

• 62 posts

Posted July 19 2012 - 08:42 AM

I grabbed one. That's a great price for the amount of content!

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,602 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 19 2012 - 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/322398/amazon-deal-day-abbott-costello-the-complete-universal-pictures-collection-47-99-60-off#post_3950939 You will be greatly surprised.  Amazon is very good about taking care of customers who feel let down.   Let me know how it works out.
  Got the replacement which was fine, sent off the return, and just talked to Amazon.  No go on this request, due to the very nature of Gold Box deals  The woman was very nice about it, very apologetic, totally understood why I would ask, said they're always happy to help customers get around all kinds of situations...but this type of promotion is expressly set up not to allow any such overrides or credits.   I totally get it, and it's certainly not a deal-breaker.  Just would have been a nice bonus.     Glad I asked, rather than wondering later if I should have!

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,602 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 19 2012 - 03:26 PM

This box set, by the way, is IMO one of the nicest to have come out of Universal.  It's beautifully designed, and a common weakness -- digipacks (if that's the right term) where the paper portions often like to self-destruct -- suffer no harm in the protective "chest".  Extra features are great (including commentary by Bob Furmanek), the booklet is beautifully printed, and the discs play well -- unlike some of the flippers to come out of Universal in times past.  Or maybe not so past.  Anyone who wants it...the deal is still on...or was as of ten minutes ago.  Go for it!

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,669 posts

Posted July 19 2012 - 03:28 PM

If not for the fact I bought these all individually when they first came out years ago, I would be all over this set at this price.

Ronald J Epstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users