What's new

Lou for You (Lou Lumenick's NY Post columns on DVDs) (1 Viewer)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I know he knows about us, but my Facebook friend doesn't post his Post DVD columns here. And he should, as they have lots of insider info. (Join us, Lou!) So when I see he's done one, I'll post a link to it. Today: Stuff about the new Olive DVDs and, much obliged, info about the August wave of Fox MOD releases, 31 in all:
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/movies/cinema_archives_first_cooper_garfield_MSJUsfbRyJ8pVfzaUpqF9K

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Thanks very much! How do I join this guys column who has a great first name? Id be honored.Very indepth writing

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Louis Letizia said:
Thanks very much! How do I join this guys column who has a great first name? Id be honored.Very indepth writing
How do you "join his column"? :confused: I'm confused.
He's very active on Twitter. You'll never miss a column and actually get to converse with Mr. Lumenick if you set up a Twitter account yourself and follow him.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
It looks like Lou Lumenick has just joined HTF. One of us! One of us! :)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Jon Hertzberg /t/322306/lou-for-you-lou-lumenicks-ny-post-columns-on-dvds#post_3949572
How do you "join his column"? I'm confused.
He's very active on Twitter. You'll never miss a column and actually get to converse with Mr. Lumenick if you set up a Twitter account yourself and follow him.
Yes, he is extremely enjoyable on Twitter and on the WAC Facebook page. Always a champion of obscure titles on DVD, Blu-ray and MOD's.

Lou Lumenick

Insider
Real Name
Lou Lumenick
My own thread on Home Theater Forum? Coincidentally created an hour before I joined? Thank you Bob, Jon and Allen.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Well, now that you're here, you can add your own links. :) Seriously, nice to have you aboard.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Bob Cashill /t/322306/lou-for-you-lou-lumenicks-ny-post-columns-on-dvds#post_3949800
Seriously, nice to have you aboard.

+1
Lou: Welcome to the Home Theater Forum!
d7d6ad3a_welcome.gif

It is an honor to have you here. I actually inked to one of your Post columns several weeks ago when you broke the news about our own Bob Furmanek's participation in helping bring Jerry Lewis' 1959 TV version of The Jazz Singer to disc.

I always enjoy reading your columns and you would, indeed, be a perfect fit here at the HTF. Welcome aboard!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was thrilled to read this nugget amidst all the speculation (in his column linked above) on an improved release of The Quiet Man.

This is Lou's impression of the new Blu of High Noon--which has been delivered to my door today in the same package as Singin' In the Rain:

The emphasis is mine.

High Noon is one of those great films which I can watch over and over again. I was unsure as to whether the HD upgrade would yield much based on a very good DVD release of several years back. But comments like Lou's give me hope that the upgrade is going to be worth it.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
As I bow my head in shame...let me at the same time bow to my hometown papers BEST columnist. Shame on me for thinking LOU was I. It doesnt help that our initials match as well. Im so glad there is a PROFESSIONAL Lou on board.
Mr. Hertzberg...you may have your day.

Lou Lumenick

Insider
Real Name
Lou Lumenick
An update to this week's column:
The Rookies - Asp. Ratio: 4:3 1.33 FF
One Foot in Hell - Asp. Ratio: 16:9 2.35 LBX
The Secret of the Purple Reef - Asp. Ratio: 4:3 P/S 1.33
The Day the Fish Came Out - Asp. Ratio: 4:3 1.33 FF
The Secret World. - Asp. Ratio: 16:9 1.78 FF

Users who are viewing this thread