Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Title: Guardians of the Galaxy

Tagline: All heroes start somewhere.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio del Toro, Laura Haddock, Sean Gunn, Peter Serafinowicz, Christopher Fairbank, Krystian Godlewski, Wyatt Oleff, Gregg Henry, Janis Ahern, Solomon Mousley, Lindsay Morton, Robert Firth, Melia Kreiling, Tom Proctor, Nick Holmes, Max Wrottesley, Stan Lee, Nicole Alexandra Shipley, Sharif Atkins, Brendan Fehr, Tomas Arana, Mikaela Hoover, Emmett Scanlan, Dominic Grant, Spencer Wilding, Alison Lintott, Alexis Rodney, Nathan Fillion, Keeley Forsyth, Frank Gilhooley, Alexis Denisof, Enzo Cilenti, Richard Katz, Enoch Frost, Ronan Summers, Ophelia Lovibond, Laura Ortiz, Marama Corlett, Rosie Jones, Abidemi Sobande, Alex Rose, Ekaterina Zalitko, Emily Redding, Fred, Stephen Blackehart, Jennifer Moylan-Taylor, Bruce Mackinnon, Ralph Ineson, Rob Zombie, Naomi Ryan, John Brotherton, Graham Shiels, James Gunn, Douglas Robson, Rachel Cullen, Isabella Poynton, Imogen Poynton, David Yarovesky, Miriam Lucia, Josh Brolin, Lloyd Kaufman, Tyler Bates, Seth Green, Jozef Aoki

Release: 2014-07-30

Runtime: 121

Plot: Light years from Earth, 26 years after being abducted, Peter Quill finds himself the prime target of a manhunt after discovering an orb wanted by Ronan the Accuser.

I'm not at all familiar with this Marvel title, but it's part of "Phase Two" of the Marvel film universe.
Here's the offical concept art from comic con:
c2976d74_Guardians-of-the-galaxy-sdcc-concept-art.jpeg

c12aa5c9_guardians-of-the-galaxy-title.jpeg

Anyone familiar with the title have impressions on how it will work as a film?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
James Gunn is confirmed to direct.
Via his facebook:
For a month or so there’s been a lot of Internet speculation about my involvement with Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Until now I haven’t said anything, because I’m trying to be less expulsive about this project than I am about the rest of my life. But last night I got the go-ahead from Kevin Feige to let you all know that, yes, indeed, I am rewriting and directing Guardians of the Galaxy. Asa lifelong lover of Marvel comics, space epics, AND raccoons, this is the movie I’ve been waiting to make since I was nine years old. Kevin, Joss, and all the folks at Marvel have been amazing collaborators so far, and we’re committed to bringing you something majestic, beautiful, and unique. I am incredibly excited. I am also incredibly grateful to the fans and the press for all their words of encouragement and support regarding my involvement with this project since the news first leaked. Thanks – you have, honestly, touched and overwhelmed me. And that’s it for now. Other than the occasional photos of my dog and cat here on Facebook, I’ll talk to you again in August 2014 when Guardians is released!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Looks like Thanos (featured in the mid-credits scene) is likely going to be in GotG (and then The Avengers 2).
This article says it's "confirmed", but I'm still considering it a likely rumor until actually confirmed by an official source.
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-thanos-confirmed-guardians-galaxy-movie-and-avengers-2

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Looks like things are heating up for the role of Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord. http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/joseph-gordon-levitt-joins-the-guardians-of-the-galaxy-race/ Interesting mix of actors they have lined up in the audition process. I myself could see Joel Edgarton or Jim Sturgess but JGL would be pretty awesome. Although it would be funny if DC countered with an offer to JGL to be the next GL in the Justice League movie instead of Batman.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think Joseph Gordon Levit and Michael Rosenbaum are interesting possibilities. JGL would have good name recognition. Not sure Zachary Levi is a good choice. Not anything against him. But he's already playing Fandral in Thor: The Dark World, so it would be weird to have one actor playing two different roles in the same cinematic universe.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Shooting is scheduled to begin this summer http://www.screendaily.com/news/production/guardians-of-the-galaxy-due-to-land-at-shepperton/5050512.article?blocktitle=Latest-news&contentID=1846#

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
On one hand, I can't say that I particularly see that casting. On the other hand, Chris Pratt has never been anything less than great in anything I've seen him in.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I don't watch Parks and Recreation and I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty yet. But I thought he looked really familiar. Then I realized he was on Everwood. Funny, his sister in that show has just recently been cast as the lead female in The Winter Soldier.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Using the Marvel Comics app, Marvel is releasing free comics of Guardians of the Galaxy. Four comics are available now based on Drax.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
some news to get fans excited: Nova Corps (or how Marvel will show DC how to make a Green Lantern movie!) http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/03/06/nova-corps-to-appear-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks