Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

'Firefly' getting reunion TV special, filming at Comic-Con

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,451 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted July 13 2012 - 12:42 PM

According to Entertainment Weekly, the Science channel is producing a 10-year anniversary special on Joss Whedon's beloved but too-short-lived series Firefly, which will incorporate the Firefly panel held today at ComicCon in San Diego. The special will air this November.

http://insidetv.ew.c...ion-tv-special/

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Producer

• 3,048 posts

Posted July 13 2012 - 01:10 PM

This is good news. As long as there is interest, and the show stays "alive" it gives us more hope for a possible new series somewhere down the line. Whedon already stated in an interview shortly after 'The Avengers' phenomenal success that if he could choose anytning, he would be on board Serenity. Obviously he isn't done with our big damn heroes.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,641 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 13 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'd love to see further adventures, but since some of the crew died in Serenity, I wouldn't feel quite right with replacements.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,997 posts

Posted July 13 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'd love to see further adventures, but since some of the crew died in Serenity, I wouldn't feel quite right with replacements.
Well, if he did revisit this, there's nothing to say it couldn't take place before Serenity There's definitely a time gap between the series 'end' and Serenity David

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,641 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 14 2012 - 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Weicker /t/322255/firefly-getting-reunion-tv-special-filming-at-comic-con#post_3948701 Well, if he did revisit this, there's nothing to say it couldn't take place before Serenity There's definitely a time gap between the series 'end' and Serenity David
  LOL! I need to rewatch Serenity. I didn't realize that.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,451 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted July 14 2012 - 02:18 PM

There's also a few continuity issues between the series and the movie, too. Especially how River was sprung from her "school" and when that actually happened.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted July 14 2012 - 04:23 PM

Continuity can always be revised... how many times have we seen a dream sequence fix it. I'd like to see more Firefly someday.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,603 posts

Posted July 14 2012 - 05:35 PM

The biggest continuity error was that during the series Mal was a reasonably good guy and decent captain. In the movie he was a total dick and had very little in common with the character in the series other than he looked and sounded like him.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,277 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted July 15 2012 - 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Anstey /t/322255/firefly-getting-reunion-tv-special-filming-at-comic-con#post_3948996 The biggest continuity error was that during the series Mal was a reasonably good guy and decent captain. In the movie he was a total dick and had very little in common with the character in the series other than he looked and sounded like him.
  I guess I didn't notice this.   Considering the series had pretty well laid out Mel's past with the inner planets, and his side on the rebellion, I wasn't at all surprised to see him take a chance to shove one back down their throat.  Loved the series & movie
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,603 posts

Posted July 15 2012 - 10:29 AM

The biggest continuity error was that during the series Mal was a reasonably good guy and decent captain. In the movie he was a total dick and had very little in common with the character in the series other than he looked and sounded like him.
I guess I didn't notice this.   Considering the series had pretty well laid out Mel's past with the inner planets, and his side on the rebellion, I wasn't at all surprised to see him take a chance to shove one back down their throat.  Loved the series & movie
The fighting back was fine. It was the way he treated his crew and even his speech to find Miranda. At some point during the in-between, he got seriously jaded and angry at everything.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Producer

• 3,048 posts

Posted July 15 2012 - 01:14 PM

Thought I was the only one that noticed that. I think the movie was true to the character. We have to realize that at the time of the movie it had been a few years since the series. That is a long time more for the Alliance to stick it to Mal, and crew. Someone that has been pushed relentlessly by them....to darn near his breaking point. All the better for the final act of the film.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   KevinGress

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 10:38 AM

I don't see it as a continuity error - he always had that edge, he just had a more comic side as well. I figure that during the end of the series and the movie events happened to harden him - Inara leaving being a big one, but 'Shepherd' as well. Probably got harder to find work, etc. Now, if he was a total goof in the series (more like Castle) then it'd be an error. Hoping that between this and the success of Avengers that it will spark interest in either a reunion movie, or at least one set in the same universe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users