Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Aspect Ratio Question for Any Horror Aficionado Out There

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   pwt3

pwt3

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 12 2012 - 12:38 AM

Hi. First post, and not only will I reveal in this post that I have terrible taste, but I'll ask a question so particular it's almost certain to not get any response. But anyway. Ok so my question is - I'm just re-starting a DVD collection, and my first instinct is to pick up the late 80s/early 90s horror and horror-comedy movies that I grew up watching. The problem is that many of them seem never to have been released in the US in widescreen. However. They were also, almost every one of them, shot in 1.85:1, which means that the full-screen releases may not be panned and scanned, they might just be open matte - not ideal, but a lot better than the alternative. So my specific question would be, is there anyone here who's seen the US full screen DVDs of Return of the Killer Tomatoes, Warlock, and Waxwork (just to name a few examples)? Did they seem claustrophobic (indicating P&S) or was there an unusual amount of head room? Would really appreciate a reply, I imagine I'll buy them anyway since they're the only versions of them out there. But it'd be comforting to know they're just open matte.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users