Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Comic-Con Exclusive: Limited Edition Robot Head with "I, Robot" 3D Blu-ray Gift Set

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,281 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 11:47 AM

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES

I, ROBOT COMING TO BLU-RAY 3D OCTOBER 23

Comic-Con Exclusive Limited Edition Robot Head Available for Pre-Sell at Booth #4313

Posted Image

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment announced today that I, ROBOT will be getting the Blu-ray 3D treatment and will be available at retailers nationwide on October 23, 2012. But for fans making the annual trek to San Diego for Comic-Con, Fox has created something special for you -  a Limited Edition Collectible I, ROBOT Head, inspired by the film and jam-packed with goodies for robots and humans alike. The limited run of 250 serialized I, ROBOT heads is available for pre-order only at Fox booth #4313 for a special price of $99.99 and includes the all-new revolutionary 3D Blu-ray, a DVD version of the film and a bonus DVD disc chock full of extras.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,203 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted July 11 2012 - 01:15 PM

Not of fan of releases only being sold at conventions, oh well no soup for me.
facebook.com/whotony

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,344 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 11 2012 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, what is the pont of something like this? At least the Alien Egg could be ordered outside the convention. Thr Egg was my first and only venture into this novelty packaging.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,895 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted July 11 2012 - 03:22 PM

I am more interested by the concept that this is 3D. Not the next film I would have expected them to release in 3D...

Odd choice for them to upconvert.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 4,053 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted July 12 2012 - 07:17 AM

I don't know. If done correctly, there are many potential "in yo' face" moments in I, Robot, as well as possibilities for depth.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert