Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

q700 or q900 for a 12 foot seating room

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   gavilan355

• 2 posts

Posted July 09 2012 - 11:50 PM

I am thinking of buying the kef's Q series. I know the q900 are better but, I don't want to over do it.. the seating positions in my room will be 12 feet away from where the speakers will be. also, people might sit closer than that, the side sofa it about 7 feet away from the speakers. Most of the times though, people will be seated 12 feet Away. I want to get a speaker that will sound good with out being too exaggerated, and I wont be able to get the proper quality sound because I'm sitting too close. for the centers, I already have the Q200, and I have a Denon AVR 4319 here's the specs: http://usa.denon.com...10CI_Lit514.pdf So What I really want to know is if that is really something to worry about, or is it all just nonsense?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   schan1269

HTF Expert

• 16,503 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted July 10 2012 - 06:59 AM

Bigger speakers are more efficient(typically). You didn't say what "other" Q you had in mind...but... There is no such thing as overkill...cause you have a volume knob.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   gavilan355

• 2 posts

Posted July 10 2012 - 11:43 AM

well I will just have the front 3 speakers to be the kef q series, and for surrounds, ill get a klipsch bipoles, I also have a definitive tech subwoofer, the 1000 model.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users