-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Top 10 Cartoons list

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,275 posts

Posted July 08 2012 - 03:20 AM

Hi all, I am child of the late 1960s and 1970s when saturday morning cartoons ruled the airwaves. Here is my top 10 list 1. Star Trek - The animated series 2. Return to the Planet of Apes 3. New Adventures of Gilligan 4. Scooby-Doo 5. Pink Panther (The Inspector along with the ant and the aardvark 6. Speed Buggy 7. Jabberjaw 8. Sealab 2020 9. Jeannie 10. Banana Split Honorable mention would be partridge family 2200AD,Tarzan,Superfriends, batman, superman, roman hollidays and wait till your father gets home.

#2 of 5 derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 729 posts

Posted July 08 2012 - 04:11 AM

I'm the same age a Paul, and watched similar shows. I guess my favourites list would be made up mostly of 70's cartoon block shows that I watched on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. Those shows from that time capture most of the nostalgia I have for cartoons. 1972 - Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids 1973 - Superfriends 1974 - Hong Kong Phooey 1976 - The Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour 1976 - Tom & Jerry/ Grape Ape/Mumbly Show 1977 - Scooby's All-Star Laff-a-Lympics 1977 - The All-New Super Friends Hour 1978 - Tarzan and the Super 7 1979 - The Plastic Man Comedy-Adventure Show 1982 - The Incredible Hulk & The Amazing Spiderman I'd have a different list, adding the 1960's shows that were reruns, or have seen in some form different from or since they originally aired, mostly due to their being available on dvd, or in syndication. So I would add some of these classics that I didn't see in their first run: The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour The Flintstones Jonny Quest Top Cat The Jetsons The Batman/Superman Hour The Herculoids The Archie's Comedy Hour Sabrina and the Groovie Goolies

#3 of 5 younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,275 posts

Posted July 08 2012 - 04:16 AM

I'm the same age a Paul, and watched similar shows. I guess my favourites list would be made up mostly of 70's cartoon block shows that I watched on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. Those shows from that time capture most of the nostalgia I have for cartoons. 1972 - Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids 1973 - Superfriends 1974 - Hong Kong Phooey 1976 - The Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour 1976 - Tom & Jerry/ Grape Ape/Mumbly Show 1977 - Scooby's All-Star Laff-a-Lympics 1977 - The All-New Super Friends Hour 1978 - Tarzan and the Super 7 1979 - The Plastic Man Comedy-Adventure Show 1982 - The Incredible Hulk & The Amazing Spiderman I'd have a different list, adding the 1960's shows that were reruns, or have seen in some form different from or since they originally aired, mostly due to their being available on dvd, or in syndication. So I would add some of these classics that I didn't see in their first run: The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour The Flintstones Jonny Quest Top Cat The Jetsons The Batman/Superman Hour The Herculoids The Archie's Comedy Hour Sabrina and the Groovie Goolies

I do have some 1960s shows as well, like the herculoids or jonny quest or aquaman or batman 1968 cartoon. There is some live action shows i like as well such as Shazam, Far out Space Nuts, Land of the Lost, Ark II, Jason and Star Command, Ghost Busters, Monster Squad, etc. The 1970s was a great era to be a kid, especially in lieu we did not have the gadgets that today's youth have in terms toys to play with. I also remember my dad saying after cartoons are over i want you outside playing. I think i spent a lot of time at the park playing sports and doing things. I go to parks today on my bike ride and in many cases they are empty. I believe being physical active also leads to active lifestyles.

#4 of 5 Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted July 08 2012 - 04:42 AM

Placeholder.
Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#5 of 5 Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,213 posts

Posted July 08 2012 - 04:57 AM

Hot Wheels Skyhawks Star Trek Return to the Planet of the Apes Jonny Quest Space Ghost/Dino Boy Moby Dick and Mighty Mightor Fantastic 4 (1967) Lassie's Rescue Rangers Spiderman (1967)

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 35,941 :biggrin: ( 742 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,395   :B)   Serial Chapters - 1,117 :B)