Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Shout Factory Press Release: TERROR TRAIN and THE FUN HOUSE Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,869 posts

Posted July 05 2012 - 10:14 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

SCREAM FACTORY™  PRESENTS

TERROR TRAIN

A Film by Roger Spottiswoode

Starring Ben Johnson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Hart Bochner,

and David Copperfield as “The Magician”

COLLECTOR’S EDITION BLU-RAY™ + DVD COMBO PACK

&

THE FUN HOUSE

A Film by Tobe Hooper

Starring Elizabeth Berridge, Cooper Huckabee, Miles Chaplin,

Sylvia Miles, William Finley and Kevin Conway

COLLECTOR’S EDITION BLU-RAY™ and DVD

Pre-Order These Two Definitive Home Entertainment Collections Today!

IN STORES EVERYWHERE OCTOBER 16, 2012

FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

Just in time for Halloween, dare you to hop on board for a gruesome good time and rediscover two enduring thrillers filled with edge-of-your seat suspense and terror when SCREAM FACTORY™ presents TERROR TRAIN Collector’s Edition Blu-ray + DVD combo pack and THE FUN HOUSE Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and DVD on October 16, 2012. Both collector’s editions of TERROR TRAIN and THE FUN HOUSE feature anamorphic widescreen presentation of the movie and a spectacular array of bonus content, including new interviews and commentaries, archival material, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art and more!  TERROR TRAIN Collector’s Edition Blu-ray + DVD combo pack is priced to own $29.93; THE FUN HOUSE Collector’s Edition Blu-ray has a suggested retail price of $29.93 and $16.50 for the DVD. Fans and collectors can pre-order these two collections now at ShoutFactory.com and Amazon.com.

Pre-order links:

Terror Train (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)

http://www.shoutfact...px?pfid=5257941

The Funhouse (Blu-ray)

http://www.shoutfact...px?pfid=5257943

The Funhouse (DVD)

http://www.shoutfact...px?pfid=5257944

Avid horror movie fans and collectors take note: those who order TERROR TRAIN Collector’s Edition and/ or THE FUN HOUSECollector’s Edition will receive special collectible item(s) as gift(s)-with-purchase. For more information, please visitShoutFactoryStore.com or ScreamFactoryDVD.com .

TERROR TRAIN Collector’s Edition Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack

Take an excursion into terror with Jamie Lee Curtis in this classic shocker from director Roger Spottiswoode (Tomorrow Never Dies)

It's New Year's Eve and group of college co-eds have planned a masquerade bash aboard a chartered train. What they didn't plan on was that a knife-wielding psycho would crash the party and begin slaughtering the guests one by one!  Who is this brutal costumed killer? Climb aboard the Terror Train for a frightening combination of blood-curdling horror and intriguing mystery.

Also starring Academy Award®-winner Ben Johnson (1971, Supporting Actor, The Last Picture Show), Hart Bochner (Die Hard) and D.D. Winters (aka Vanity, 52 Pick-Up).

Harold Greenberg and Sandy Howard present TERROR TRAIN

Cast:  Ben Johnson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Hart Bochner, and David Copperfield as “The Magician”

Written by T.Y. Drake; Music composed by John Mills-Cockell; produced by Harold Greenberg; executive producer, Lamar Card; directed by Roger Spottiswoode

An Astral Bellevue Pathe Production in Association with Sandy Howard Productions Corp./Daniel Grodnik

Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1)/1980/Color/97 minutes

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED OFFER: Order this Blu-ray + DVD combo pack directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive18”x24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork!  Less than 500 have been made, so these are only available while supplies last.

Read more @: Shout! Factory - Scream Factory

TERROR TRAIN Collector’s Edition Special Features (preliminary confirmed lineup):

• Audio Commentary by Director Roger Spottiswoode
  • Still Gallery
  • Theatrical Trailer And TV Spots
  • and more to be announced

THE FUN HOUSE Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and DVD

Director Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Poltergeist) pays affectionate tribute to various classic horror movies in this tale of two teenage couples who spend the night in a sleazy carnival funhouse.

On her first date with Buzz (Cooper Huckabee, True Blood), Amy (Elizabeth Berridge, Amadeus) disobeys her father and goes to the carnival with Richie (Miles Chapin, Hair) and Liz (Largo Woodruff), but their first date may end up as their last. After witnessing a murder, the four terrified teens are trapped in the maze of the funhouse and stalked by a real monster, a horribly deformed killer who lurks among the freakish exhibits to butcher them one by one. Also stars Sylvia Miles (Midnight Cowboy) and Kevin Conway (in three roles). Featuring special makeup designs by Academy Award®-winner Rick Baker (An American Werewolf In London, Ed Wood).

Elizabeth Berridge, Cooper Huckabee, Miles Chaplin, Sylvia Miles, William Finley, Kevin Conway as The Barker in THE FUN HOUSE

Written by Larry Block; directed by Tobe Hooper; produced by Derek Power and Steven Bernhardt; executive producers, Mace Neufeld and Mark Lester.

Anamorphic Widescreen (2.35:1)/DTS Master Audio 5.1/1981/Color/96 minutes

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED OFFER: Order the Blu-ray or DVD directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork! Less than 500 have been made, so these are only available while supplies last.

Read more @: Shout! Factory - Scream Factory

THE FUN HOUSE Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and DVD Special Features (preliminary confirmed lineup):

• Audio Commentary by Director Tobe Hooper, Hosted By Director Tim Sullivan
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • TV and Radio spots
  • and more to be announced

As excitement builds for these two SCREAM FACTORY™  home entertainment collections, Shout! Factory will announce in-depth bonus content and additional news in forthcoming months.

Further underscoring its position as a leading curator and home entertainment provider of many memorable cult movie classics, Shout! Factory launched SCREAM FACTORY, a new home entertainment series created to celebrate some of the most enthralling horror and sci-fi films with massive cult followings in cinematic history. Shout! Factory will continue to present the on-going SCREAM FACTORY™ home entertainment series in 2012 and 2013 with specific release dates, extras and key art for the rest of the title lineup. Meanwhile, fans will are encouraged to follow us and click the “Like” tab on the official SCREAM FACTORYFACEBOOK page (https://www.facebook...103961936407493) for up-to-the-minute updates or visitScreamFactoryDVD.com .

About Shout! Factory

Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s DVD and Blu-Ray™ offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials in lavish packages crammed with extras.  Shout’s audio division boasts GRAMMY®-nominated box sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable “best of” compilations.  In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast digital distribution network which delivers video and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America.  Shout! Factory also owns and operates Timeless Media Group, Biograph Records, Majordomo Records, HighTone Records, and Video Time Machine. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention.  Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,436 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 05 2012 - 10:25 AM

I love you, Shout Factory.

#3 of 9 Paul_Warren

Paul_Warren

Second Unit

• 360 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted July 05 2012 - 06:13 PM

Now that's what I am talking about this is where my money is going on these 2 beauties :D I can get excited about these as long a they have Fright Night1 or close to quality I am all over these (I hope they pressed enough copies). I noticed they are also selling Halloween3 BD on 18/09/12 http://www.shoutfact...px?pfid=5257869 Which is another blind buy from me & again will be in heavy demand I hope they have pressed enough copies otherwise like with Fright Night some people will buy extra copies & profiteer from it. Ron any chance you can confirm the number of units they are allowed to press here???

#4 of 9 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,869 posts

Posted July 05 2012 - 10:44 PM

Quote:
Ron any chance you can confirm the number of units they are allowed to press here???

Hopefully I will have an answer for you by the end of the day.

No promises.

I take it you just want to know about TERROR TRAIN and THE FUN HOUSE.  

You also mentioned HALLOWEEN 3.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#5 of 9 Paul_Warren

Paul_Warren

Second Unit

• 360 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted July 05 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hopefully I will have an answer for you by the end of the day. No promises. I take it you just want to know about TERROR TRAIN and THE FUN HOUSE.   You also mentioned HALLOWEEN 3.

All would be nice if possible. As I live outside US its getting harder & harder to get these classics on Bluray as many importers are going bust due to exchange rates/shipping costs & there are a large number of titles like these 3 which you can imagine there is a healthy demand for overseas but for whatever reason the studios are slow to cater for (Tom Hanks Cast Away BD for instance only just came out in UK a few days ago via Paramount yet Fox had it out in US many years ago!). Many thanks in advance.

#6 of 9 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,097 posts

Posted July 06 2012 - 01:17 AM

Arrow UK already offers a perfectly fine edition of THE FUNHOUSE. Go for it.

#7 of 9 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,808 posts

Posted July 06 2012 - 02:31 AM

I have the Arrow FUNHOUSE import, which is more than sufficient, but Shout's inclusion of the Tobe Hooper commentary might be worth a double dip. On another note, I hope a Shout Factory-Universal Studios relationship will continue past these initial acquisitions. Maybe someday we'll see Special Editions of GHOST STORY, THE SENTINEL, PRINCE OF DARKNESS and, maybe, just maybe, THE UNINVITED.

#8 of 9 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,436 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 06 2012 - 04:18 AM

Now that's what I am talking about this is where my money is going on these 2 beauties :D I can get excited about these as long a they have Fright Night1 or close to quality I am all over these (I hope they pressed enough copies). I noticed they are also selling Halloween3 BD on 18/09/12 http://www.shoutfact...px?pfid=5257869 Which is another blind buy from me & again will be in heavy demand I hope they have pressed enough copies otherwise like with Fright Night some people will buy extra copies & profiteer from it. Ron any chance you can confirm the number of units they are allowed to press here???

Shout has an exclusive version where you get a small poster. That's limited to 500 copies and it will cost you the MSRP. The only difference between the regular release (which has no limit) and Shout's exclusive is that there's no poster.

#9 of 9 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,075 posts

Posted July 06 2012 - 04:57 AM

Not that bothered in the film The Funhouse (1981), but Terror Train (1980) I'm definitely interested in, partly due to that Jamie Lee Curtis era of the late 70's into the early 80's with the horror films she starred in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users