Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Paramount and Lionsgate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts

Posted July 04 2012 - 04:28 AM

I had completely forgotten about this but a few years ago, Paramount and Lionsgate seemed to have some kind of short-lived distribution deal where LG released Jade, The Relic, Drop Zone, and a few other Paramount titles from the 90s. Per DVDEmpire, all of these titles are OOP. I haven't read anything either way but I assume this deal is no longer in place. Believe me, it's nice that Paramount has deals with Criterion and Olive (for older titles) but it's a shame so many of their titles from the 80s and 90s will most likely never appear on Blu-Ray. LG released The Relic so I assumed we'd be getting, say, Congo and The Ghost and the Darkness. Hell, if Best Buy wants more of my money, they should continue to release Paramount exclusives. We've got Airplane! and The Naked Gun so bring on Airplane II and The Naked Gun sequels!