Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

The most Iconic Scenes ever

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 774 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted July 02 2012 - 01:29 PM

As most of us are movie fans, and have seens hundreds of films, we all know of scenes that have become burned into the public consciousness.  These scenes even a person who never watches movies might know about. These scenes have been seen over and over and over again, parodied and played over and over. So what are the most Iconic Scenes?

I am going to try and make a list of the 100 most Iconic Scenes, but I can't so it alone, so maybe we can all put in our 2¢ and get a list going.

1) Running from the plane - North By Northwest

2) The Shower Scene - Psycho

3) Rocky running up the stairs - Rocky

4) "Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give Damn." - Gone with the Wind

5) Kissing on the beach, waves crashing over them - From Here to Eternity

These are just some of the ones I could come up with off the top of my head...

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,536 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted July 02 2012 - 01:44 PM

Horses head in the bed in The Godfather.

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 774 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill 

Horses head in the bed in The Godfather.

Good grief, how could I have forgotten that one?!

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,790 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 01:57 PM

Some of my favorites... An enraged Kong bursting through the gate on Skull Island - King Kong (1933) The Star Child hovering over Earth - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) Osgood's reaction to Jack Lemmon revealing he is a man, "Well, nobody's perfect." - Some Like It Hot (1959) The reveal of the Statue of Liberty - Planet of the Apes (1968) Slim Pickens riding the bomb - Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#5 of 16 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 774 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 02:08 PM

Ooo, some great ones!

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,536 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted July 02 2012 - 02:52 PM

The huge boulder rolling towards Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark. E.T. healing Elliot's finger with his lighted fingertip. Bluto calling for a food fight in Animal House.

#7 of 16 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,335 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted July 02 2012 - 02:57 PM

Good ones listed already but here's a couple more: the shark popping out of the water and on to the Orca in Jaws Norma Desmond being ready for her closeup in Sunset Boulevard And Darth Vader saying "No, I am your father" in The Empire Strikes Back

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,673 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 03:41 PM

Gene Kelly on the lamppost - Singin' In The Rain Charlie Chaplin and Paulette Goddard walking off into the sunset - Modern Times Errol Flynn swinging onto the tree - Adventures Of Robin Hood 'As God is my witness' pose - Gone With The Wind two knives into the table - 12 Angry Men Julie Andrews spinning on the mountain side - Sound Of Music Chariot Race - Ben Hur Steve McQueen jumping the fence - Great Escape Claudette Colbert stopping the car - It Happened One Night David

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,914 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 05:26 PM

The cat finding Orson Welles' feet in The Third Man and the bedroom light suddenly shining on his face. Omar Sharif's first appearance out of the desert in Lawrence Of Arabia

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,790 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 08:17 PM

Oh, why not a few more... The parting of the Red Sea - The Ten Commandments (1956) The reveal of Norman Bates' mother in the rocking chair - Psycho (1960) The shot of the door of the cabin framing John Wayne at the conclusion of the film - The Searchers (1956) Robert Mitchum and the LOVE/HATE tattoo sequence - The Night of the Hunter (1955) "You talkin' to me?!" Robert DeNiro - Taxi Driver (1976) Jump cut from bone thrown into the air to the orbiting satellite - 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) Roy Hobb's homerun trot in the National League series (at night with lights exploding) - The Natural (1984) George C. Scott address at the opening of the film - Patton (1970) - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,514 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted July 02 2012 - 08:46 PM

The Odessa Steps sequence (especially the baby in a carriage rolling down the stairs) - Battleship Potemkin (1925)

The opening overhead shot of the Star Destroyer chasing the tiny rebel ship - Star Wars (1977)

Woody Allen pulling Marshall McLuhan into a movie line to win an argument - Annie Hall (1977)

The "Do you feel lucky, punk?" scene - Dirty Harry (1971)

British runners jogging on the beach (accompanied by Vangelis) - Chariots Of Fire (1981)

Dorothy opening the door of her house after the tornado and stepping into a full-color Oz - The Wizard Of Oz (1939)

John Wayne taking on Robert Duvall's gang ("Fill your hands, you sonofabitch!") - True Grit (1969)

Jack Nicholson's "Here's Johnny!" - The Shining (1980)

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,595 posts

Posted July 03 2012 - 01:31 AM

Rosebud burning in the fireplace - Citizen Kane
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted July 03 2012 - 01:55 AM

"Here's looking at you, kid." - Casablanca

"I'm Spartacus!" - Spartacus

The most famous five notes in the universe - Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Chaplin's reaction to the girl realizing who he really was - City Lights

Dancing in the Ballroom - Beauty and the Beast

"Miss Jean Louisa, stand up. Your father's passing." - To Kill a Mockingbird

So much TV... So little money! Please visit my blog at: http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,914 posts

Posted July 03 2012 - 03:48 AM

Rita Hayworth in that clinging black dress in Gilda singing Put The Blame On Mame

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted July 03 2012 - 04:09 AM

John Travoltas strut in SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER The landing of the mothrrship CLOSE ENCOUNTERS THEYRE PEOPLE......SOYLENT GREEN The reveal in....THE SIXTH SENSE The bucket falling in....CARRIE THERES NO CRYING IN BASEBALL.....A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   Nebiroth

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor

• 748 posts

Posted July 05 2012 - 07:28 AM

"I am Dracula. I bid you...welcome" (Dracula, 1931) "It's alive. It's alive!" (Frankenstein, 1931) "He went for a little walk!" (The Mummy, 1932) "They're coming to get you, Barbara..." (Night of the Living Dead. 1968) "They're here!" (Poltergeist, 1982) I'd have gone with several of the above, like the Star Wars and CE3K moments. Superman catching Louis Lane as she falls from the building in the 1978 movie. The ring of men outlining the saucer under the ice in Thing from Another World Two moment from The Day the Earth Stood Still: Klaatu emerging from the saucer and then the classic "Gort. Klaatu. Barrada. Nikto" The C57-D landing in Forbidden Planet, also the reveal of the Id Monster. The truck full of pods in Invasion of the Body Snatchers. "You're next!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users