What's new

Trying to use wireless headphones. (1 Viewer)

junga

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
Hi everybody,
I was hoping to get some guidance on how to get sound either from the av receiver or from the tv to the base of transmitter of the wireless headset. The reason is to get the wife to use the wireless headset when she wants to watch the tv and I want some silence when reading.:D
Headset: Turtle Beach x41
Av receiver: Onkyo HT-R680
TV: Panasonic Viera
I connected the base of the Headset via two inputs: audio rca red and white from the only audio out i could find on the receiver
and via toslink in from a toslind out on the back of the tv. I joined some pictures. Sorry a little blurry.
[ATTACHMENT=316]IMG_7096.JPG (388k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=317]IMG_7097.JPG (418k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]
The problem is I can't seem to have any sound from the base, I tried to fiddle with tv and the receiver menu but not sure if there is any setting to channel the sound to the headset base. Any help?
Thanks,
Mike.

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garry
Well, If you are using the audio out on the receiver there is usually a "tape monitor" button on the receiver that you have to hit to activate the receiver's output. Of coarse that is providing that your receiver will pass the tv audio through the analog out in the first place, most won't. if the tv sound is digital. If you can't get it to work this way than you might try finding an analog output from the tv to hook up the headphones to. Hope this helps you.

junga

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
Thank you Garry,
Could you expand a bit on that tape monitor? I attached two pictures or the rear and front of the receiver, may be this will help to identify such a button.[ATTACHMENT=318]front.jpg (44k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=319]rear.jpg (209k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
I can't seem to find an audio out on the tv I found 1 rca in two components in and one digital out.

junga

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
Problem solved!
I hooked ,after you reminded of the analog entry, the white red on their adapter in the front of the receiver exactely in the phones jack: see pic of the front above.
It will cut the sound on the amps when this jack is used and the turtle beach transceiver is working just fine.:)
Thanks again

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garry
Glad you got it solved. Looking at the pictures, it appears you don't have the "tape monitor" button. I guess that is on older receivers. I did see the "Zone 2 out" and the out under VCR/DVD. That must be a pretty new receiver, as it has options I have not seen before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks