Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) to Buy Cloud Gaming Company Gaikai for $380 Million

PlayStation

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 of 23 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,187 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 02:37 AM

The reason the PS2 and PS3 were backward compatible was because the previous gen's hardware was in the console itself. That also inflated the price of the newer console. I'm guessing this is a good way to lower the price of the PS4 without abandoning the PS3. Now, I'm wondering if there's a way to let people play games they already own. For example, put the PS3 disc in your PS4 and the streaming service allows you to play that PS3 game while the disc is in your console. I'd imagine this would also allow you to access all of your PSN/DLC/etc. content. Hopefully, this is the case because that would be wonderful. I wouldn't be surprised if this is offered as a bonus for people who subscribe to PS+, too.

#22 of 23 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 17,068 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted May 07 2013 - 04:46 AM

This is one of the areas where Apple's Dictatorial style would be good on a console:

http://www.wired.com...-ps4-streaming/

If you give options developers will mess it up and leave consumers confused.  If you make it mandatory then consumers know they can count on it.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#23 of 23 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,187 posts

Posted May 07 2013 - 02:19 PM

I don't think that is a big deal, Sam.  And even if it is, it's FAR from a deal-breaker.  I don't know how much I'd be inclined to even use the Share service, anyway.  I think ustream and similar services are a bit exhibitionist/voyeurist and creepy)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PlayStation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users