-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What 3D Blu Rays do you have?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 of 38 Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 321 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted June 27 2012 - 10:38 AM

Seeing this being discussed in the CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON thread and not wanting to contribute to a derailment of same thread, I figured I'd open this one up. As much as I love 3D, I can only cop to owning a few 3D Blu Rays: Adventures of Tintin Beauty and the Beast Captain America: The First Avenger Dolphin Tail Hugo Legends of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole Sector 7 Sharks 3D Sports Illustrated 2011 Swimsuit 3D Eperience (Irina Shyak in 3D is a beautiful thing) Thor Yogi Bear I have dutifully pre-ordered DIAL M FOR MURDER and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, asked for THE AVENGERS for my birthday, and will pick up UP and GHOSTS OF THE ABYSS when they come out, as well as any other 50s 3D movies like DRAGONFLY SQUADRON (hiint, hint, Mr. Furmanek).

Viewing a 3D movie in 2D is kinda like viewing a Scope movie in Pan and Scan.

#2 of 38 Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,362 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 10:43 AM

as well as any other 50s 3D movies like DRAGONFLY SQUADRON (hiint, hint, Mr. Furmanek).

Discussing this with three potential distributors as we speak...

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Snipe_zpsa426c063.jpg

#3 of 38 Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 10:47 AM

My cash is ready and screaming "SPEND ME! SPEND ME!". Never a good thing. :) At any rate, best of luck.

#4 of 38 Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,132 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted June 27 2012 - 10:51 AM

Coraline

Tron Legacy

Hugo

The Lion King

Dial M for Murder - pre-ordered

Creature from the Black Lagoon - pre-ordered

Titanic

I'll eventually get some of the Pixar.  Maybe Titanic.  Maybe something else I'm forgetting at the moment.  But much of what's out there just isn't of interest to me, period.

Note to studios:  I will pre-order, on the day of announcement (like I did today), ANY AND ALL VINTAGE 3D MOVIES.  You release 'em, I'll buy 'em.  That's what I want, and that's my commitment.

#5 of 38 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,465 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted June 27 2012 - 01:49 PM

I have too many 3D titles to list--not as many as Ron must have, but close as my purchase patterns run parallel with his positive reviews. I do have Avatar, a Chinese import that I bought from eBay. It is a favorite along with Hugo and Peter Gabriel New Blood Live in London.

#6 of 38 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,897 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted June 27 2012 - 02:16 PM

It might be easier for me to list the 3D movies released so far that I DON'T have.

I will say that my favorites in terms of 3D effectiveness are Avatar, Megamind, How to Train Your Dragon, Coraline, Tangled, Hugo, G-Force, Bolt, Beauty and the Beast, and Captain America: The First Avenger. Only the latter two were conversions.

#7 of 38 TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,007 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 02:49 PM

I own the following 3d titles: Alice in wonderland Avatar Captain America Narnia Clash Of The Titans Cloudy with a chance of meatball Coraline Despicable me Ghost Rider 2 Green Lantern How to train your dragon Lion King Piranha 3d pirates 4 Resident evil 4 Tangled Thor Transformers 3 Tron legacy Underworld 4 Yogi Bear The best of course is avatar. tron is really good as well as is how to train your dragon. I want to get hugo. great 3d, saw it in the theatre. Jacob

#8 of 38 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,683 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 03:05 PM

I've got a whopping FOUR titles: Hugo The Nightmare Before Christmas Tangled Tron Legacy I'll definitely be getting Dial M For Murder when it comes out....

#9 of 38 Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Supporting Actor

• 932 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted June 27 2012 - 03:44 PM

Pretty much ALL of them. Even some sub par German 3D conversions, but those shouldn't count. Anyway, it's well over 100 by now. Well, I had to buy that many to justify the purchase of the Panasonic PT-AE7000U and 5 pairs of glasses.... Didn't I? :rolleyes: I'm all in for the 1950's classics as soon as they (hopefully) start arriving. "Dial M for Murder" just got pre-ordered.

#10 of 38 RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,258 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted June 28 2012 - 10:52 AM

Bolt Tangled Open Season Piranha 3D Resident Evil: Afterlife Despicable Me Imax Deep Sea 3D Monster House Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs Yogi Bear 3D Monster's VS. Aliens Imax Under The Sea Megamind Michael Jackon's This Is It Sammy's Adventures Final Destination 3D Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs TinTin Kung Fu Panda 2 Rio 3D Hugo G-Force 3D Drive Angry Most I received for free (came with the my Sony 3D TV) or $5 each as one of the bonuses of working retail. Others I just bought the Blu-ray 3D disc on eBay for $15. The last eight on the list were $14.99 at Best Buy with the $5 free upgrade. Otherwise I wouldn't have them. They look OK on my 55 inch Sony 3D TV in my family room as I'm sitting about 13 feet from it - should be 6 or 7 feet for the best 3D effect . But once I get a 3D projector with a 120 inch image and sitting about 14 feet in my home theatre room the 3D image should look a lot better. I will be getting Dial M for Murder and Creature from the Black Lagoon. Other titles too when I find them for $15 or less.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#11 of 38 Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 05 2012 - 03:50 PM

So far, I only have the following few 3D Blu-ray Disc titles: Captain America, The First Avenger The Green Hornet (First 3D BD title ever purchased) Hugo Sports Illustrated 3D 2011 Swimsuit Experience Thor Transformers: The Dark Side of the Moon Yogi Bear I am just getting started. I have several titles on my wish list--along with many others I vow to place under the tree in December, which will exponentially lift my 3D BD total!!!!! :):D :P
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#12 of 38 Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted July 09 2012 - 02:16 PM

I added YOGI BEAR to my collection recently. Watching it, I was surprised at a)how great the 3D looked and b)just how funny the movie really was. Oh, it's a stupid movie, to be sure. But funny stupid. I loved it. Best Buy has that Owl movie for $20 this week and I'm thinking of getting that.

#13 of 38 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,897 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 09 2012 - 02:19 PM

I agree about the 3D. It's very effective. The movie, like Disney's G-Force which also boasted superb 3D usage, was a chore to sit through, but the 3D made it worth it for me.

#14 of 38 Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 321 posts

Posted July 10 2012 - 10:32 AM

I expected major suckage from YOGI BEAR since a)I thought I heard it was a conversion and b)everyone said it sucked. So I was surprised (and delighted) to see that it was, in fact, true 3D and that the movie did exactly what it set out to do. Is it as great a comedy as say, AIRPLANE!? Hell, no. But it's actually one of the better live action versions of a cartoon done since it replicates the cartoon pretty well. Certainly, it's better than THE FLINTSTONES two movies. Ackroyd and Timberlake do good in terms of the voices, Anna Farris is easy on the eyes--especially in 3D--and the jokes, though obvious actually manage to work. The bit with the nachos is not only a great 3D effect, it's actually a fairly funny sight gag. Perhaps best of all, the movie doesn't overstay it's welcome running at a brief 80 minutes. I can see myself popping this into the blu ray player from time to time. Would I watch it in 2D? No, but then again, I try to make it a rule to not watch 3D movies in 2D unless I have no other choice.

#15 of 38 Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,144 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted August 19 2012 - 08:50 AM

Still waiting for my 3D kit to arrive in the mail for my TV, but I picked up some titles so I'm ready when it comes: Tintin Hugo Green Hornet (it was cheap, $10) Cave of Forgotten Dreams and I had the Avatar Panasonic disc. Definitely getting Dial M and Titanic, and otherwise I'd just add Tron Legacy and Captain America to what I have. Not really a fan of animated films in general, and not crazy about conversions, though I might pick up Piranha if I see it cheap since it was fun in the free preview screening I saw way back when.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#16 of 38 JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,449 posts

Posted August 19 2012 - 08:56 AM

I guess I should add in my current collection Hugo Monster House Alice in Wonderland A Christmas Carol Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Coraline Despicable Me Resident Evil: Afterlife Toy Story 1-3

all-banner.jpg

#17 of 38 Mike Williams

Mike Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,020 posts

Posted August 23 2012 - 06:13 AM

Having just this week bought a 65" Panasonic VT50, I already had the following 3D titles: The Adventures of TinTin Alice in Wonderland Avatar The Avengers Beauty and the Beast Cars 2 A Christmas Carol Creature from the Black Lagoon Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Hugo The Lion King The Nightmare Before Christmas Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Prometheus Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon Tron Legacy Toy Story Toy Story 2 Toy Story 3 I will be getting: The Amazing Spider-man Finding Nemo I, Robot Men in Black 3

#18 of 38 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,198 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted August 23 2012 - 11:04 AM

I got a great deal on a Sony EX723 60" 3D set and went 3D crazy! So far I have: Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows Pt 1 Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Pt 2 Tron Legacy John Carter Pirates Of The Carribean: On Stranger Tides Cars 2 The Lion King Beauty And The Beast Tangled Disney's A Christmas Carol Underworld Awakening The Polar Express Wrath Of The Titans Journey To The Center Of The Earth Journey 2 the Mysterious Island Hugo Thor Captain America The Adventures Of Tin Tin Transformers Dark Of The Moon The Green Lantern The Green Hornet Monster House Shrek Shrek 2 Shrek 3 Shrek 4 How To Train Your Dragon Megamind Monsters vs Aliens Kung Fu Panda Kung Fu Panda 2 Despicable Me Hubble 3D Piranha Resident Evil The Three Muskateers The Darkest Hour Drive Angry Puss n Boots Gullivers Travels Narnia: the Voyage Of The Dawn Treader Ice Age Dawn Of The Dinosaurs Rio Immortals 3D Safari Africa Whew! Got almost all of them for $14.99 with the last Best Buy trade in program.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#19 of 38 Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted August 24 2012 - 04:31 AM

Reviewing that list of titles, I'm reminded that almost all 3-D feature films are of a similar theme in the same genre. I have the Imax documentaries. I also have Hugo, Polar Express, and The Adventures of Tin Tin but I'm not going further into CGI animation because frankly I've had enough of it. Hugo I bought despite my disapproval of and dislike for Ben Kingsley. I'm all grown up now, and I can take only so many cartoons pitched at the same intellectual level. I need to see human faces emoting instead of cute cartoon critters given human voices. Enough is enough. I'll be getting Ridley Scott's PROMETHEUS 3-D which is a film I like very much, and I'm eager to receive the two classics DIAL M FOR MURDER 3-D and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON 3-D. But I would like to see straight-forward live action 3-D films -- drama, comedy, action, adventure, horror, sci-fi -- that is not dependent on digital capture or digitally generated landscapes, sets and effects. I want to see genuine stereoscopic cinematography of real-life people and places. When that kind of film starts coming out I'll buy more 3-D blu-rays.

#20 of 38 Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,362 posts

Posted August 24 2012 - 05:24 AM

I agree 100% Richard!

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Snipe_zpsa426c063.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users