Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

LG Blu player - troubleshoot.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   crawfordfan

crawfordfan

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted June 24 2012 - 11:35 AM

So, I got this LG player today - LG BD630. All great except when playing back DVD+R. They play back fine but there is a regular, I mean every few seconds, clicking sound. It sounds like a cricket, for want of a better description. I get the same sound briefly, at the beginning of other discs, like the player is searching for the media. But, once the disc starts to play, it goes and does not return. With the DVD+Rs it remains. Any thoughts on this folks?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   crawfordfan

crawfordfan

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted June 25 2012 - 10:37 AM

Nobody got any idea?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,392 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted June 26 2012 - 06:34 AM

It could be a defective player. I know, *duh*, right? I would either exchange it for the same model and see if the problem persists, or exchange it for a Panasonic or Sony (my preferred brands).

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   crawfordfan

crawfordfan

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted June 26 2012 - 11:23 AM

On further investigation, the discs which do this are narrowed down to Verbatim discs, both DVD-R and DVD+R, and all from the same source. They all played fine in my old player. I'd really appreciate some input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users