-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

LG HT356SD 5.1 DVD Home Theatre System

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 laurend776

laurend776

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted June 22 2012 - 02:27 AM

Hi I am totally new to this Home Theatre System malark... but purchased a LG HT356SD 5.1 DVD Home Theatre System, managed to connect it all up with a LCD LG tv correctly (i think :/) So far played dvds and sound is great but for some reason cant get the tv sound coming through :( have purchased a rca cable and thats still not resolved the problem. I dont have anything else linked up such as computers, blu ray, sky etc Any HELP will be much appreciated. Many Thanks Lauren

#2 of 8 JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 405 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted June 22 2012 - 03:03 AM

Okay, first things first. I looked up the system, it appears it has Component video outputs on the back of the surround system (probably labeled as Y Pb Pr). Does your TV have those same inputs? If so, that is how you should have the video connected as it will give you the best picture quality (assuming no HDMI on the surround system). You would connect Y to Y, Pb to Pb, and Pr to Pr. (you can technically use either color matching component video cables for this, or just RCA cables as long as you have three connections and match input to output) LG's website is not terribly helpful telling me what kind of connections are available.

#3 of 8 laurend776

laurend776

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted June 22 2012 - 03:09 AM

I am still lost, i have connected a scart from the home system to my tv, along with the red/black cable on both tv and home theatre system ?? :confused:

#4 of 8 JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 405 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted June 22 2012 - 03:12 AM

A scart? I had to look that up. I'm not sure I can help you, you must be from Europe?

#5 of 8 laurend776

laurend776

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted June 22 2012 - 03:14 AM

Yeah from england uk :/ Thanks for time :)

#6 of 8 JeremyR

JeremyR

Second Unit

• 405 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted June 22 2012 - 03:47 AM

I'm sorry, I'm sure there is somebody here who can help you though.

#7 of 8 laurend776

laurend776

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted June 22 2012 - 03:49 AM

I hope so - its driving me crazy :confused:

#8 of 8 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,155 posts

Posted June 22 2012 - 03:53 AM

The stereo RCA connection should work for you (you won't get surround sound, but you should get sound). What's the TV model? Or how did yo uconnect it on the TV side? Also, onn some TV's you have to go into the setup menu and tell it you have external speakers.