What's new

LG HT356SD 5.1 DVD Home Theatre System (1 Viewer)

laurend776

Auditioning
Real Name
Lauren
Hi I am totally new to this Home Theatre System malark... but purchased a LG HT356SD 5.1 DVD Home Theatre System, managed to connect it all up with a LCD LG tv correctly (i think :/)
So far played dvds and sound is great but for some reason cant get the tv sound coming through :( have purchased a rca cable and thats still not resolved the problem.
I dont have anything else linked up such as computers, blu ray, sky etc
Any HELP will be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Lauren

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Okay, first things first. I looked up the system, it appears it has Component video outputs on the back of the surround system (probably labeled as Y Pb Pr). Does your TV have those same inputs? If so, that is how you should have the video connected as it will give you the best picture quality (assuming no HDMI on the surround system). You would connect Y to Y, Pb to Pb, and Pr to Pr. (you can technically use either color matching component video cables for this, or just RCA cables as long as you have three connections and match input to output)
LG's website is not terribly helpful telling me what kind of connections are available.

laurend776

Auditioning
Real Name
Lauren
I am still lost, i have connected a scart from the home system to my tv, along with the red/black cable on both tv and home theatre system ??
:confused:

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The stereo RCA connection should work for you (you won't get surround sound, but you should get sound).
What's the TV model? Or how did yo uconnect it on the TV side? Also, onn some TV's you have to go into the setup menu and tell it you have external speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks