What's new

DOLBY BLU-RAY GIVEAWAY: San Francisco Symphony at 100 w/Dolby TrueHD advanced 96k Upsampling (1 Viewer)

ranjanis

Auditioning
Real Name
Ranjani
Last month, Dolby Laboratories announced enhancements to its loseless audio codec for Blu-ray authoring that can now deliver a full-range high-definition surround sound experience ensuring optimum performance from today's advanced A/V receivers and Blu-ray Disc players (READ MORE ON HTF).
[VIDEO]http-~~-//vimeo.com/42325868[/VIDEO]
Dolby wanted to let a couple of lucky HTF members experience the enhanced technology firsthand by giving away two copies of the Blu-ray. All you have to do is reply within this thread with the answers to the following 3 questions:
1. How many Blu-rays do you purchase each month? (None, 1-5, 5-10, 10+)
2. Which genre of Blu-Rays do you mostly purchase? (Comedy, Drama, Horror, Musicals, Documentaries, TV)
3. Prior to reading about it today, were you familiar with Dolby 96k upsampling as a new and enhanced feature of TrueHD? (Yes, No)
Replies must be posted before midnight PST on July 8, 2012. Special thanks to our sponsor Dolby for the opportunity, and good luck!
Full terms and conditions are posted here.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/870721/width/600/height/695

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I'd like to hear this.
1-5
Classics, Classical Music, Opera
Yes

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
1) 10+
2) I buy a mix of genres
3) Yes, I was familiar

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
1. 5-10
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]2. All types - Drama, Action, and Horror being the most common.[/COLOR]
3. Yes

Real Name
Todd
1. How many Blu-rays do you purchase each month? (None, 1-5, 5-10, 10+) None
2. Which genre of Blu-Rays do you mostly purchase? (Comedy, Drama, Horror, Musicals, Documentaries, TV) Drama
3. Prior to reading about it today, were you familiar with Dolby 96k upsampling as a new and enhanced feature of TrueHD? (Yes, No) Yes, however I did read about it here at HTF
Todd McCarver

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
1. How many Blu-rays do you purchase each month? (None, 1-5, 5-10, 10+)
1-5
2. Which genre of Blu-Rays do you mostly purchase? (Comedy, Drama, Horror, Musicals, Documentaries, TV)
Drama
3. Prior to reading about it today, were you familiar with Dolby 96k upsampling as a new and enhanced feature of TrueHD? (Yes, No)
Yes - read previous article here...

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
1. How many Blu-rays do you purchase each month? 1-5.
2. Which genre of Blu-Rays do you mostly purchase? Action, Comedy and Animation.
3. Prior to reading about it today, were you familiar with Dolby 96k up-sampling as a new and enhanced feature of TrueHD? Yes.
:D

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
1. How many Blu-rays do you purchase each month? 5-10
2. Which genre of Blu-Rays do you mostly purchase? Drama, Musicals (as in opera, symphonies)
3. Prior to reading about it today, were you familiar with Dolby 96k upsampling as a new and enhanced feature of TrueHD? Yes
I hope I am allowed to have two categories for question 2.
Bigshot: According to Amazon, the disc features violinist Itzhak Perlman performing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E minor. The concert opens with Aaron Copland's vivid portrayal of American prairie life, the Billy the Kid ballet suite and concludes with Britten's orchestral showpiece The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra. Capping off the concert is an encore of Bay Area composer John Adams' Short Ride in a Fast Machine featuring moving images of San Francisco projected throughout Davies Symphony Hall. San Francisco Symphony at 100 also includes historical documentary features narrated by Amy Tan highlighting the orchestra's early beginnings, its rich history of touring and its commitment to young people and innovations in media.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
1. 1-5
2. Music (rock concerts, mainly) and animation
3. Nope! I don't have a reason to follow lossless audio news (yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks