Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT DEBUTS Manufacture-On-Demand DVD SERIES

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1111 replies to this topic

#1101 of 1112 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,087 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 10:21 AM

I was not going to buy any films from Fox MOD.

Beneath The 12 Mile Reef made me change my mind. I might even which do not want to buy a pan and scan of Prince of Players the only film I would do this for even though I have a pan and scan already from Fox Movie channel.

#1102 of 1112 OFFLINE   Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Advanced Member

• 1,539 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted February 12 2014 - 03:18 PM

I'm still waiting for Importcds to ship my paid for copy of "Beneath the 12Mile Reef". They've had my cash since the beginning of January.

I'VE SENT THEM THREE E-MAILS OVER THE LAST 2 WEEKS AND THEY HAVE NOT HAD THE DECENCY TO RESPOND.

Where do I go from here?

Doug.

#1103 of 1112 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,798 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 12 2014 - 03:26 PM

Doug - I feel for you. I tried a cheaper internet site a couple of years ago and it took 6 weeks after release date to get delivered. I went back to Amazon.

I wish you luck and success for the transfer is outstanding and gives me false hope for Fox classics.
  • Doug Bull likes this
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#1104 of 1112 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,087 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 03:55 PM

I am sorry. MOD's take a week or so but nothing like that! I always of with Amazon when it comes to those type of titles. I know to say you will enjoy it when it gets here does not help. Deep Discount I have heard is another to look out for.
  • Doug Bull likes this

#1105 of 1112 OFFLINE   Doug Bull

Doug Bull

Advanced Member

• 1,539 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted February 12 2014 - 07:15 PM

I am sorry. MOD's take a week or so but nothing like that! I always of with Amazon when it comes to those type of titles. I know to say you will enjoy it when it gets here does not help. Deep Discount I have heard is another to look out for.

Thanks Mark,

the lousy thing here is that they have it listed as in stock.

How's that for a kick in the guts.

I've just sent my fourth e-mail, this time cancelling the order and demanding a refund to my PayPal account.

Doug.

#1106 of 1112 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,707 posts

Posted February 12 2014 - 08:08 PM

Importds is kinda tricky regarding email replies.  From personal experience, I have noticed that they tend to reply more to solitary emails regarding an email over several.  I once had my emails about an order get flagged as "suspicious" because I emailed them too many times and had to call a representative to get it straightened out.

#1107 of 1112 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,087 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 06:18 AM

Doug I was just going to ask what Joe stated. When there is a number I call it. I had problems with not only Deep Discount but with DVD Planet. Here is another thing to. I found out Pay Pal does not always help out. The best I found was call my credit card company and had a refund right off. I sure hope you can get this straight so you can the movie. Like I said it did restore my faith in Fox MOD. The only movie as I said before that I would take P&S is Prince Of Players. The rest no way. I am now thinking of getting Marriage GO Round since people here said it was ok. I am waiting for King OF The Khyber Rifles.

#1108 of 1112 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,707 posts

Posted February 14 2014 - 01:52 PM

Just checked out the FCA disc of In Love and War (1958) and I'm disappointed to confirm that it is P&S with squished opening credits, not anamorphic, not even letterboxed.  The FCA still seems to be up to its old tricks unfortunately, so avoid this one.

#1109 of 1112 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,865 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 14 2014 - 02:20 PM

Just checked out the FCA disc of In Love and War (1958) and I'm disappointed to confirm that it is P&S with squished opening credits, not anamorphic, not even letterboxed.  The FCA still seems to be up to its old tricks unfortunately, so avoid this one.

Well, we're back to square one with them.

• ahollis likes this

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#1110 of 1112 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,884 posts

Posted February 15 2014 - 02:07 AM

The Spanish DVD is also non-anamorphic, but at least it's not pan and scan.

#1111 of 1112 OFFLINE   kingfish

kingfish

Screenwriter

• 1,011 posts

Posted February 19 2014 - 03:59 PM

why are they releasing these films in the wrong OAR. if the movie was shot in widescreen who wants a pan and scan version since the image seems squeezed together.

#1112 of 1112 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,798 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted February 19 2014 - 09:37 PM

why are they releasing these films in the wrong OAR. if the movie was shot in widescreen who wants a pan and scan version since the image seems squeezed together.

Because they are nuts and do not care.
  • Doug Bull and JoHud like this
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users