What's new

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT DEBUTS Manufacture-On-Demand DVD SERIES (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
b1cd3340_514.jpeg

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT DEBUTS Manufacture-On-Demand DVD SERIES

FOX CINEMA ARCHIVES

Arrangement with Allied Vaughn Makes Never-Before-Released DVDs

Available on Major Retailers’ Websites

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment today debuted Fox Cinema Archives, a new manufacture-on-demand (MOD) series for film aficionados and collectors that goes deep into the studio’s vault to bring some of its most classic films featuring some of the biggest stars of the twentieth century to DVD for the first time.

Starting today movie lovers can purchase a wide variety of films from the Fox Cinema Archives series at major top-tier retailers with more titles to become available in the coming months. The first wave of titles includes:

Dangerous Years (1948), 63 min.
After a botched robbery, a district attorney prosecutes a teenage boy he doesn’t realize is his own son.

Fraulein (1958), 97 min.
A shy German girl helps the Allies during WWII and is helped in return by a kindly American officer at the war’s end.

Love is News (1937), 77 min.
A beautiful heiress has a scheme to embarrass a handsome gossip columnist played by Hollywood idol Tyrone Power.

Mr. Belvedere Rings the Bell (1951), 88 min.
A 50 year-old claiming to be 77 checks into a dreary senior citizen's home and infects the residents with his youthful energy making them realize that you’re never too old to have fun.

My Wife's Best Friend (1952), 87 min.
When a man confesses to his wife that he has been unfaithful, she imagines all the different ways that historical figures such as Cleopatra and Joan of Arc might handle the situation.

Rings on Her Fingers (1942), 86 min.
In this romantic comedy, a pair of swindlers convince a young girl to pretend to fall in love with a man they believe is a millionaire, but the plan backfires.

Suez (1938), 98 min.
This epic adventure of the building of the Suez Canal tells the story of the engineer who attempts to create the canal that will connect the Mediterranean and Red Seas.

Diplomatic Courier (1952), 98 min.
Diplomatic Courier is a Cold War spy tale about an agent who must hunt down vital information about Russia's plans to invade Yugoslavia.

They Came to Blow Up America (1943), 73 min.
An American FBI agent of German heritage infiltrates a Nazi bund and foils acts of sabotage.

Way of a Gaucho (1952), 90 min.
After inadvertently killing a man, an Argentinian gaucho signs on with the army in order to avoid a jail sentence, then soon after forms a band of outlaws.

Claudia (1943), 92 min.
A fairly frank depiction of the day-to-day troubles of a child-like bride in the 1940s.

The Foxes of Harrow (1947), 118 min.
In 1820, a New Orleans adventurer woos his way to the top of Louisiana society.

Kidnapped (1938), 90 min.
A young heir falls into the hands of kidnappers on his travels to Scotland to take over the family fortune and is saved by a dubious renegade.

Frontier Marshal (1939), 71 min.
When Wyatt Earp becomes the Marshal of Tombstone, Arizona, he attempts to quiet the rowdy town. He's successful with the exception of Curly Bell and his gang, who kill Doc Holliday, forcing the Marshal to settle the score.

Life Begins at Eight-Thirty (1942), 84 min.
A young disabled girl and her composer boyfriend try to revive the stage career of her alcoholic father.

###

About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.

00d20869_522.jpeg

e8514234_525.jpeg

162441c6_523.jpeg

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Good to get some confirmation these won't be Amazon-only. Making them available through other retailers will probably help with the pricing.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Strange-- I thought the first wave consisted of 35 titles. Where did the other 20 go?? I'm especially interested in Always Goodbye, and it's disappeared... hopefully, for the moment.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I think the Classicflix list included releases from multiple waves. The others will likely be released on August.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Justin, really...quote the whole thing?
I took the quote out. Thanks for understanding.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
Are we going to see correct aspect ratios on the (few) 'Scope titles? Fox has notoriously released some P/S versions of movies in Europe (eg. THE ADVENTURES OF HAAJI BABA). Classicflix cites the aspect ratio on FRAULEIN, shot in CinemaScope, as 'Full Frame'. I hope this is an error. THREE BRAVE MEN is only shown FF on the Fox Movie Channel. I hope they don't simply re-use this master. Mike

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
I certainly hope that Fox's MOD endeavor will eventually release the three Debbie Reynolds' gems that have remained in their vaults for too long: Say One for Me, The Second Time Around, and Goodbye Charlie. I don't know how well the prints of Say One for Me and Second Time Around have held up over the years, but Twilight Time recently attempted to sell Goodbye Charlie through their Limited Edition Blu-Ray collection, and unfortunately, the film elements did not provide a decent enough print for release. Long story short, I hope that these three films, each showing Reynolds' flair for comedy, music, and drama, make their way to DVD, showing, once again, that Reynolds' has more to offer than a cute face and impish on-screen shenanigans :)
7f385fa0_3sayoneformeFOX.jpeg

95a7f3d4_6secondtimearoundFOX.jpeg

8800d6ed_8goodbyecharlieFOX.jpeg

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Justin Ray said:
I don't know how well the prints of Say One for Me and Second Time Around have held up over the years
I have the Fox DVD of Second Time Around from Spain. Though in its original 2.35 CinemaScope ratio, it's not anamorphic. But the transfer itself is very nice so that should not be a problem.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
battlebeast said:
Only when they start to release some Best Picture nominees will I start to care...
What an eccentric attitude! No interest in movies unless they were nominated? Some of the best movies ever made were not nominated.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Hopefully they will get around to releasing The Brasher Doubloon. Eddie Muller recorded a commentary for it almost 3 years ago.
Doug

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by lionel59 /t/321686/twentieth-century-fox-home-entertainment-debuts-manufacture-on-demand-dvd-series#post_3940605
Are we going to see correct aspect ratios on the (few) 'Scope titles? Fox has notoriously released some P/S versions of movies in Europe (eg. THE ADVENTURES OF HAAJI BABA). Classicflix cites the aspect ratio on FRAULEIN, shot in CinemaScope, as 'Full Frame'. I hope this is an error. THREE BRAVE MEN is only shown FF on the Fox Movie Channel. I hope they don't simply re-use this master. Mike

They don't always show correct OAR on the Fox Movie Channel either (The Best Things in Life Are Free has never seen shown in its Cinemascope ratio), so I'm not sure we'll see any improvement in this series. I hope so, but I'm skeptical.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Douglas Monce said:
Hopefully they will get around to releasing The Brasher Doubloon. Eddie Muller recorded a commentary for it almost 3 years ago.
Doug
Amen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks