Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Output to two sets of speakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   EiEiOhh

EiEiOhh

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 11:03 AM

I'd like to connect patio speakers to my sound system and select the output to either Family Room speakers or Patio Speakers Can it be done? Will I need additional equipment to do this? Is it expensive? thanks

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,732 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted June 18 2012 - 12:20 PM

What components do you currently have? You probably just need a second set of speakers, preferrably designed for outdoor use, and some speaker wire. Most receivers have either the option of Zone 2 (seperate signals to different rooms, cd player to the patio, dvd player to the livingroom) or an A/B switch (same signal to both rooms, A, B or A + B).
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   EiEiOhh

EiEiOhh

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 19 2012 - 08:46 AM

Hey Gene.. Thanks for your reply I have a Kenwood VR-616 amp and a pair of 200w outdoor speakers. Here is the amp manual I do have empty Tape Inputs that I can plug my device into and it plays fine through the Family room speakers. I just don't know where to plug my patio speakers into. I tried the tape out but that didn't work I have CD/DVD (optical in) I have a HTPC in the AUX jacks thanks

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   EiEiOhh

EiEiOhh

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 19 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hey Gene.. Thanks for your reply I have a Kenwood VR-616 amp and a pair of 200w outdoor speakers. Here is the amp manual I do have empty Tape Inputs that I can plug my device into and it plays fine through the Family room speakers. I just don't know where to plug my patio speakers into. I tried the Tape Out jacks but that didn't work The only devices I have connected are: CD/DVD (optical in) HTPC AUX in Thanks

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   EiEiOhh

EiEiOhh

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 19 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hey Gene.. Thanks for your reply I have a Kenwood VR-616 amp and a pair of 200w outdoor speakers. Here is the amp manual I do have empty Tape Inputs that I can plug my device into and it plays fine through the Family room speakers. I just don't know where to plug my patio speakers into. I tried the Tape Out jacks but that didn't work The only devices I have connected are: CD/DVD (optical in) HTPC AUX in Thanks

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,732 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted June 23 2012 - 12:42 PM

Sorry for the late reply. Been gone a lot lately. The 616 doesn't have Zone 2 or the A/B speaker switching so there really isn't anyplace to connect the speakers to. Your best bet is to use a speaker selector/switch like this one. http://www.amazon.co...0498502&sr=1-26
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.