Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sub-woofer HUM issue when turned ON using Trigger Out from Denon 2312CI

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Mervv

Mervv

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hello Robert, I am facing a weird humming issue with my HKTS200SUB sub-woofer. I have connected the Denon 2312CI Trigger Out to Harmon Kardon sub-woofer Trigger Input with Harmon Kardon supplied monaural mono audio cable and it works all fine. The Sub switches ON/OFF in sync with the receiver and also delivers great punch and vibration effects. However, the issue here is that although I don't hear any humming sound from my speakers on MUTING the receiver, I hear that slight HUM from my sub-woofer at mid sub-woofer level which further amplifies on increasing the sub-woofer level to max. After google-ing, I found out that it can be a ground issue and tried switching the power connections across the surge protector but to no avail. I also read about the conflict between the SUB and receiver via the Trigger Cable and tried disconnecting the Harmon Kardon Trigger cable. I was stunned to see the sub-woofer HUM disappear, with absolutely no distortion noise at all. But now am back to square one, where I have to manually switch ON/OFF my sub-woofer when needed. Please HELP!!!! My specs: Receiver: Denon 2312CI Home Theater Speaker System: Harmon Kardon HKTS 60BQ Sub-Woofer: HKTS200SUB Surge Protector: Monster Home Theater Surge Protector JP810

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users