-

Photo
- - - - -

Rear Speakers Not Working

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Patel151

Patel151

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted June 16 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hey Everyone i am a new user here and i am having a few problems with my Home Theater Entertainment System Well,I Have just bought a brand new Samsung Blu-Ray 3D/DVD Home Entertainment System Model HT-E5350 So, I Setup up my 4 speakers in each corner of my family room and the small speaker on the tv and The woofer beside my tv I Have set up everything and it is working fine i just installed youtube channel and other apps and i got a ipod, hooked it up with the blu-ray i played a song and all the speakers were working. Even The Back Speakers(Rear). All working fine. Then i put a dvd in to try if it works. The dvd was working but the Rear Speakers(Back) Were not working at all. Only the Woofer,2 Front Speakers and the small one was working. I Know its not a biggy deal but is there any possible way to fix this? like a solution? Thank You Very Much -Patel

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Patel151

Patel151

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted June 16 2012 - 03:10 PM

O.o. I Found a solution I Am sorry for the waste of the post But the solution for me was to Change the 3D SOUND on the remote It was off, i changed it to high and it was all good Hope this works for other people :)

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted June 16 2012 - 03:45 PM

First, welcome to HTF! It is entirely possible that your DVD is not encoded for surround sound.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Screenwriter

• 1,992 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted June 17 2012 - 02:10 AM

Hi Amitabh, 

The surrounds will not be used all the time with movies.  Most of the sound will come from the center speaker, followed by the left and right fronts.  The surrounds only get used when there is something directed to them (each movie is different - some will have lots of sound from the surrounds, some will have almost nothing).

I searched and could not find a manual for your receiver.  I'm guessing that '3D' sound is some sort of matrix that sends sound to all the speakers.  Ideally, you would not want that.  You want plain old Dolby Digital or DTS.   If you have a link to the manual please post it.

Also, here's a guide for how the speakers should be arranged for 5.1.  I wouldn't suggest putting them in the corners of your room....