Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

A HDTV with built in iPod/iPhone support. Do you need this feature?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE  

• 0 posts

Posted June 15 2012 - 04:41 PM

I have never heard of AOC before, but I saw today that they have released the Aire iPlay, a HDTV monitor for iPod and iPhone owners. The 23-inch Full High Definition display features a built-in 30-pin docking station that allows immediate video, audio and photo playback from iDevices through AOC’s patented plug-and-play technology. Along with the integrated dock, the base of the monitor also includes built-in speakers with SRS Sound.

The question I have is would someone rather just purchase an Apple TV for $99 and get this same functionality from Apple's Airplay or get a TV that has an iPod/iPhone adapter on it?  I use Airplay frequently with my iPad and it works great and I get all the additional functionality of the Apple TV, which I can use on any HDTV.  

At any rate, the 23-inch AOC Aire iPlay (e2343Fi) is available for $279.99 MSRP at Amazon.com.