Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI Control issues

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 allendehl

allendehl

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted June 15 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hi guys, I just got my Denon AVR1712 and speaker set. I have a brand new LG 3D tv . Im trying to set HDMI control to be able to control everything through my TV. This is what I've done so far: - Turned HDMI Control ON - Set P.Off Controll to ALL - Set Standby Source to LAST I connected the HDMI cable from the output connector in the receiver to the HDMI 1 in the TV(ARC). One other HDMI says: MHL, I dont really know what is that for. The TV manual its really poor. Still can't sync both devices. The only thing I've been able to do is to pass the cable sign through with the receiver off. I wonder if the issue might be the cable I'm using, is it possible? What am I missing? Thanks

#2 of 4 David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 1,986 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted June 17 2012 - 02:14 AM

Most of us use a universal remote to control our equipment.  I personally use Harmony.  A universal remote will control all of your equipment and allow you to setup 'macros' to turn on and off certain pieces together.

#3 of 4 wynbnt

wynbnt

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted June 17 2012 - 11:44 PM

Typically I would control all thru the Denon. Every source HDMI goes to receiver, I would turnHDMI control off if using a universal remote. This is an area I have not ventured into because it gets out of sync when using a custom remote. I use the universal MX850, the logitech harmony is customer programmable, but I like the MX much better. Also, denon app and airplay is nice if you run a network wire from router.

#4 of 4 allendehl

allendehl

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 05:55 AM

The universal remote is a good idea....but anyone knows why wouln't HDMI Control work?? The HDMI cable I'm using might be a little cheap....Do I need any particular specification on the HDMI cable I use? Monoprice has lots of different HDMI cables to choose from... Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users