What's new

Suggestions (1 Viewer)

bakpacker

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
I just bought a new receiver an Onkyo TX-NR616. I have been running a 5.1 system using a pair of 30 year old Cerwin Vega U103s, a pair of Axiom M3Ti s and a cerwin vega cc 240 center speaker. I have an energy 8" subwoofer.
The new receiver supports 7.2 surround and I am looking for speaker suggestions.
Do replace the old speakers? ( they still sound good to me.)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Do replace the old speakers? ( they still sound good to me.)
If they still sound good to you then keep them. We can make all the suggestions in the world but if they sound like crap to you then we haven't been a good forum.
The new receiver supports 7.2 surround and I am looking for speaker suggestions.
Do you really need to take advantage of the extra two channels? If so, try to get a matching set of surrounds if they are still available. Don't be fooled by the .2 because it is nothing but marketing. 2.0, 2.1, 5.1 & 7.1 describe discrete audio channels from a source. All they did to get a .2 is split the .1. I did the same on my 7.1 receiver with a Y adapter I had left over from 1991.

bakpacker

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
I am actually using the Axiom M3Tis as fronts and the Vegas as rear speakers. I was thinking that I might upgrade to newer fronts for listening to music and use the M3Tis for the rear surround channel. I don't need a second sub. A bigger one may be in the future but the energy is fine for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks