Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Heard from Warner Archive via Facebook and they stated no news on Popeye Volume 4 episodes and Jetsons S3 coming out anytime soon.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,775 posts

Posted June 20 2012 - 06:17 AM

What WAC title(s) got a limited pressed release? FIrst I'd heard about it. Is this something that began with a limited pressed run, or did they take a popular MOD title(s), press a limited run, and then go back to MOD? I think I'd be a little bit ticked-off if they went back to do a pressed run of say, Man From Atlantis or Legends of the Super-Heroes after I've already paid for/bought the burnt ones, especially if there's no distinction between pressed/burned sets on the ordering site (leaving no guarantee as to what you'd get).
The TV show Alice was just released this way and apparently a few of the recent movie titles. There is no indication they are going back and doing this with anything previously released. It appears they are doing this going forward with select titles (presumably the titles they assume will be the most popular) but this could become the norm for them as well. No official statement from them on the plan for this or how many pressed copies are made for each title but they did confirm they are doing this.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#22 of 25 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,394 posts

Posted June 20 2012 - 09:13 AM

Yes, I heard that about Alice. A pretty cool development is my first reaction to this. I guess subtitles for these is still not a go? Should be interesting to see what other Warner titles get this treatment, perhaps Popeye. I would think a show like The F.B.I. maybe which has proven to be a great success for them as far as I can tell, would be neat if their upcoming Harry O is too. We'll see.

#23 of 25 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted June 20 2012 - 09:47 AM

And even if they were to simply "dump" everything out take a look at the requests on facebook: to release everything as fast as possible to keep everyone happy would mean releasing about 100 titles everyday. Just not realistic or practical. There are close 100 HB/Ruby Spears titles left plus many more animation titles. Add to that 100's of TV show seasons to release and several thousand movie titles. They release far more titles per month than anyone else as it is.
Yeah, it works this way because they need a revenue stream. The titles come out to sustain their sales figures, and they plan on keeping it going so they have something to sell. If everything got released all at once, what would the company sell next year?

#24 of 25 OFFLINE   Essanay Paul

Essanay Paul

Stunt Coordinator

• 103 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 12:20 PM

Popeye Volume 4 will be coming from Warner Home Video, not The Warner Archive.Next year there is going to be a CG animated Popeye movie. It is expected that Volume 4 will be released as this new CG movie hits the theaters.No official announcement has been made, so this all could change.

#25 of 25 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

Second Unit

• 404 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 05:06 PM

Indeed. Jerry Beck confirmed restoration began some months ago, and releases are planned to pick up again in 2014 when the CG movie hits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users