Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HT Receiver on the boat issue

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   thymer

thymer

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted June 15 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi folks, I am trying to figure out a problem with my boat home theater setup. It's pretty straightforward, HTPC that feeds a HDMI signal to a flat panel and digital optical out to a older 5.1 home theater receiver. All that works fine but... I am trying to get a line level analog out from the receiver to feed a RF transmitter so all stereos on the boat can play the same music. Seems like the receiver wont output analog from a digital source? Does anyone know of a receiver I can use to accomplish this? thanks in advance!!

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Producer

• 5,955 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX

Posted June 15 2012 - 01:52 PM

Assuming your HTPC has analog audio outputs as well as digital, just add the analog outs to the receiver and you’ll be in business. Regards, Wayne A. Pflughaupt
My Equipment List
“A nice mid-fi system,” according to an audiophile acquaintance.

My Tech / DIY Articles and Reviews

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   thymer

thymer

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 03:47 AM

Hi Wayne, Thanks for the response but unfortunately it won't be that easy. :) Windows 7 doesn't support simultaneous dual audio outs with the same source. If I activate the analog outs from the HTPC the digital is no longer functional. Split has to be done downstream from the HTPC. thanks!

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   wynbnt

wynbnt

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 03:53 AM

Split the digital with an active splitter and convert one to analog. Will this work? About $150. in adaptors.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   thymer

thymer

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 05:46 AM

Sounds like a good plan, any suggestions on the active splitter, not having much luck with google... thanks!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,210 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted June 18 2012 - 02:03 PM

Optical splitter - http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2 Digital to analog converter - http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users