What's new

Burn Notice Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Decent and reasonably suspenseful, but is the entire season going to be a cat-and-mouse chase or will that be the season's long story arc and we'll still have weekly capers for the fellas to be involved in? Nice to see that "Jesse" (Coby Bell) has been upped to series regular.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I suspect this is going to be close to or the final season. After a villain of such psychotic quality as Anson Farrington, what do you have left?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/321557/burn-notice-season-6#post_3938786
Decent and reasonably suspenseful, but is the entire season going to be a cat-and-mouse chase or will that be the season's long story arc and we'll still have weekly capers for the fellas to be involved in?

I figure it would be for at least the 1st half of the season, along with trying to get Fiona out of prison.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Enjoyed it except for the fail at the end. Oh, my friend is most likely dead. I'll stand here hoping to see him emerge from the burning building, rather than turn around, run a bit and and kill Anson. Not the usual suspension of disbelief problem, this was suspension of intelligence.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I've only watched the premiere so far, but on top of what you mentioned, I can't help but think that as good as Bruce Campbell is on the show, something like Sam dying could have been the exact shakeup that the show really needs.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Sam/Bruce is the only reason I decided to watch the show in the first place and the only reason I continue.
No Bruce = no me

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Last week's episode with Michael's somewhat reckless brother set it up pretty solidly to be Nate as the upcoming victim. However, that's just a guess; I have no insider information.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Well, our thread participation here is low, but I have really enjoyed this season.. good episode last night, I love the bumbling CIA agents.. good comic relief.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I also have greatly enjoyed the season. The major death hit me as hard as it hit some of the characters as it was a character I hated losing.

Last night's show had me completely fooled, and I love that when it happens. The bumbling CIA guys were a nice counterpoint to the usual humorless CIA types the plots usually attract.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've also really been enjoying this season. It may not be ground-breaking television, but it is consistently one of my favorite shows and I thought last night's episode was a strong one.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
That was quite a satisfying summer finale, with stuff blowin' up real good. I just hate that they teased us with all these cool gadgets that we never actually got to see in action.
Wonder if Gray's gonna join the Burn-gang. I mean, yeah, he shot Nate, but that seemed like collateral damage; the real target being Anson. And what are they gonna DO with Gray, anyway? Can't really turn him in. Michael probably won't kill him.
Thought it was kinda stupid of Card to make stuff up off the top of his head about how they were "tracking" Gray in an alley. Should've just said "Stand down, we got this," instead of going into a specific lie that Michael would immediately know was bullshit. (Also, Jesse and the "no-shoes/hobo-shoes" bit was gold.)
Surprisingly, I might have enjoyed the drama between Michael and his mom more than the actual mission. Good episode. (Was anyone else kinda expecting Maddie to find out something about Card at the office, and call Michael like, "It's a trap!!"?)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I think they'll play the Maddie card when the show resumes in the fall. Right now, Card thinks she's bought his line (she has, but Michael will wise her up). I wouldn't be surprised if she isn't the one who Michael uses to bring him down.

It was an exciting summer finale, but they really have gone to the crooked-boss/manager/mentor twist a couple of times too many during the show's run.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Very enjoyable episodes. Madeline has gotten uber-hard edged and stoic. Very different from the blubbery baby/whining/needing attention Maddie from the earliest seasons.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Loved the season finale; it seemed a bit disjointed from the episode beforehand; like a piece was missing (?) But still, I love how fast paced it moved, good action, great character moments.. I have no idea what kind of deal it was that Michael cut in the end. We'll have to see next summer

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It was certainly two action-packed episodes to wind up the season, and coming to what appeared like fullcircle at the end certainly makes for an intriguing start to the new season this summer. Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks