-

Photo
- - - - -

reciever and hd help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   kloft

kloft

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 13 2012 - 07:29 AM

I have a samsung 47" LCD tv and a harmon/kardon receiver. When I connect my PS3 to HDMI2 slot in the Harmon/Kardon all I get is a green screen. If I hook my PS3 up to my small Dynex 32" tv first and then un-hook it from the dynex and plug it into the HDMI2 slot on the Harmon/Kardon it then it shows up on my Samsung 47". Weird!!! So basically I have to "jump-start" the PS3 on the small Dynex TV and then wait a few minutes and then I can hook it up to the Hardon/Kardon HDMI/2 slot and the game shows up on the Samsung. Craziest thing I have every experienced in my life. Having to "jump-start" a PS3. I have a brand-new MONSTER HDMI cable hooked to this so it is not an HDMI cable issue. Any help is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,827 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted August 18 2012 - 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by kloft 

I have a samsung 47" LCD tv and a harmon/kardon receiver. When I connect my PS3 to HDMI2 slot in the Harmon/Kardon all I get is a green screen. If I hook my PS3 up to my small Dynex 32" tv first and then un-hook it from the dynex and plug it into the HDMI2 slot on the Harmon/Kardon it then it shows up on my Samsung 47". Weird!!!

So basically I have to "jump-start" the PS3 on the small Dynex TV and then wait a few minutes and then I can hook it up to the Hardon/Kardon HDMI/2 slot and the game shows up on the Samsung. Craziest thing I have every experienced in my life. Having to "jump-start" a PS3.

I have a brand-new MONSTER HDMI cable hooked to this so it is not an HDMI cable issue.

Any help is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happens if you try a different HDMI port on the Harmon Kardon?  Assuming your TV is a 1080P set you might try to change the HDMI output settings on the PS3 from auto to 1080P and see if that makes a difference.