Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Nickelodeon Game Shows

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Adam4Rizzel

Adam4Rizzel

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted June 13 2012 - 11:26 AM

I just realized today that Figure it Out (classic and revamp), Global Guts, and Legends of the Hidden Temple are available on iTunes. This really got me excited because hopefully this opens up some opportunity for these shows to be available on DVD. Personally, I would love to see some of these classic shows release in full on DVD, and with the uproar of classic Nickelodeon in the past year, I hope it could be a possibility. If a DVD release did happen, I'd assume it would be MOD. It'd be hard to pass up Double Dare on DVD!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted June 13 2012 - 11:49 AM

Interestingly, neither Double Dare nor What Would You Do (the other game show Mark Summers hosted) are up on iTunes. I heard that Summers and some of the other game show hosts were not paid residuals when their shows were aired on Nick GAS, and that they sued Nickelodeon. If this is true, this might create problems for the other game shows as far as iTunes and DVD goes.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Adam4Rizzel

Adam4Rizzel

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted June 14 2012 - 06:17 PM

I don't know, I've never heard that before. I'm just really happy that Nickelodeon did something because they generally act as if these game shows never even occurred! Its a step in the right direction. Although its kinda bizarre they released Global Guts before Guts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users