Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Receiver and sound bar together

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 oneflyboyd

oneflyboyd

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted June 12 2012 - 07:37 PM

I would like to know if it is possible to have a receiver as well as a soundbar hooked up at the same time. I have not been able to figure it out and would like to see if there is a way to do it. Here are my components: Sony Bravia KDL-52V4100 Pioneer VSX-1019AH Receiver Cox Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8240HTC (HD DVR) Sony HT-CT550W Soundbar Right now I am going from the cable box to the receiver and then to the TV with HDMI. I can hear the sound through the speakers hooked up through the receiver but not the TV speakers. The settings in the TV are set to external audio, but I don't have ARC on the HDMI ports. I have also tried using a digital optical cable from the TV to receiver, but have still yet to hear any sound out of the TV speakers. The Sony soundbar I want to hook up has it's own receiver as well. The cable box only has one HDMI out port, but does have a component port. Any ideas? Is this is even possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users