Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bunheads

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 of 28 OFFLINE   AlexF

AlexF

Supporting Actor

• 509 posts

Posted October 23 2012 - 05:34 PM

I finally finished the 10-episode series last week, and thought that it was quite good and fun. Apparently, there're another 8 episodes coming at the start of 2013. Hopefully those do well and the series continues. It did leave things on a bit of a cliffhanger, but the references to Dead Poets Society throughout the last episode were a lot of fun.

#22 of 28 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,734 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted January 07 2013 - 03:21 PM

I really like having this on after "Switched at Birth". That show is so emotionally intense at times that it's nice to a have a follow-up that's mostly just nice and pleasant.

#23 of 28 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,734 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted January 21 2013 - 02:28 PM

With the last couple episodes, this show's felt like it's found itself. I really enjoy how the emotional episodes end with an otherwise unrelated dance sequence capturing that emotion.

#24 of 28 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,523 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 02:52 AM

Wow -- after spending most of the season in a background dancer role, Kent Boyd (SYTYCD runner-up a couple of seasons ago) was given a season's worth of dialog in the cold open and the last scene. He even had a scene in the middle of the episode. Alas, he is not a very good actor. Jeanine Mason (season 5 winner) is a much more capable and credible actor. Sutton Foster's brother was played by... Sutton Foster's brother. I wonder how long before that was in the works.

#25 of 28 OFFLINE   AlexF

AlexF

Supporting Actor

• 509 posts

Posted February 03 2013 - 12:33 AM

It's been a really busy month for me, so I ended up watching the first four episodes from this current airing on Friday night, back to back. That move with Jordan (with all the dialogue suddenly) is a trademark move of ASP -- she did that kind of thing a ton on Gilmore Girls. It's a good way to flesh out the town. I do quite like this show, it's fun, it's generally pretty light, and even the emotionally deep moments aren't really dark and depressing to watch.

#26 of 28 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,193 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted July 22 2013 - 03:51 PM

There will be no season 2, officially cancelled.

http://www.deadline....eads-cancelled/

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#27 of 28 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,734 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 28 2013 - 09:04 AM

A bummer, but not a huge surprise. I felt like the show really found its voice toward the end.

#28 of 28 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,734 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted August 26 2013 - 05:33 PM

Bunheads says goodbye with one last dance number:Really great to see ASP and the cast come together and do this. Wish Sutton Foster had been available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users