Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Philips 'Digital in' delay

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   in03

in03

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted June 10 2012 - 03:11 AM

Hey guys, :) I'm having problems with my old Philips HTS 3500s. I've had it for a while and my only complaint was its lack of digital in, or any way of receiving auxillary 5.1 surround. ... Until yesterday, when I found out that a random RCA jack (please forgive me) was actually a coaxial SPDIF jack. So I ended up buying a toslink (my computer has no coaxial out) to coaxial converter, which seems to work perfectly. The only problem is, whenever I start to play music or audio, there's a three second delay before the HTS appears to recognise and play it, with 'DOLBY D' appearing on the panel. So my question is, how do I get rid of this delay? :( Windows 7 x64 - Realtek ALC892 - Digitech AC-1601 I have ac3filter installed, but it doesn't seem to be working, as well as ffdshow and VLC .

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,788 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted June 10 2012 - 05:57 AM

It's probably taking the Philips that long to lock in on the signal change. Not much you can do about it. It's also one of the complaints of Harman Kardon receivers. They also take a second or two to lock in on a digital signal.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   in03

in03

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted June 14 2012 - 12:24 AM

Thanks! (Sorry for the late reply) I seemed to have solved it with AC3 Filter. I hadn't rebooted since installing ffdShow, so looks like its working now. Unfortunately, it only solves this delay issue with media. AC3 Filter doesn't encode everything, but some have got it working with VAC and GraphEdit? Anyone know? Thanks a bunch :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users