Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 6-12-2012

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,665 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted June 11 2012 - 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff Cooper 

It's listed in the RoundUp as $12.99!  Is that a misprint, or are you waiting for it to go lower than that?

No, as soon as I saw that price was for real, I ordered.

#22 of 27 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,775 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 11 2012 - 09:29 AM

I didn't realize I had so many doubters about the grid prices...

Posted Image

I guess that $12.99 price on Game of Shadows and Ghost Protocol is enough to make you ask...for real?!?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#23 of 27 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,506 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted June 11 2012 - 02:48 PM

I guess that $12.99 price on Game of Shadows and Ghost Protocol is enough to make you ask...for real?!?

It is kind of startling, considering the regular DVD for Game of Shadows is apparently $2 more than the blu-ray.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#24 of 27 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,438 posts

Posted June 11 2012 - 04:41 PM

Thanks Mike.

#25 of 27 Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,235 posts

Posted June 12 2012 - 05:32 AM

The $12.99 copy does include the Ultraviolet.  So for $10 more you're just getting a DVD copy and a few extra bonus features.

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Nope.  The other version has a DVD and Ultraviolet...but it also has a slew more bonus features.

Cameron's review of the more expensive release is HERE.  There is a list of the complete bonus features.

The "movie only" disc has these features:  Halmesavision on Steroids, Holmes & Watson: A Perfect Chemistry, and Moriarity's Master Plan Unleashed.

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#26 of 27 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,775 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted June 12 2012 - 05:49 AM

Thanks, Jeff, for the correction.

Ultraviolet (and its predecessor, digital copies) isn't even a blip on my radar.  I pay no attention to its inclusion on my purchases.

I sometimes wonder if I'm making a mistake not "activating" those codes or doing whatever before the activations expire.  In other words, just because I'm not using this service now...does that mean I won't be using it in the future sometime?  I have no idea.  It is not something I've devoted much time to understanding...and therefore I am ignorant.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#27 of 27 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,273 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted June 14 2012 - 03:56 PM

I noticed Taken was at Best Buy for 9.99, but it also has up to $10 in movie cash to see Prometheus in theaters.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users