What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Scent of a Woman -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Martin Brest's 1992 Scent of a Woman, is yet another Blu-ray release that deserved better attention.

Same old story.

Old transfer, now with uncompressed audio, which will make little different to almost everyone.

Mr. Pacino, who won Best Actor in a Leading Role for his performance, could have been far better served by the studio, had they simply done a new image harvest, and created "archival" data at the same time.

A wonderfully entertaining film, that fails as a Blu-ray.

Steer clear.

Image - 2

Audio - 4

RAH

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Great. Once again, thanks for nothing Universal. No sale.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Good gravy, is this the new standard in Blu-Ray catalog titles? Average, to bad releases that I planned on purchasing but am skipping thanks to Robert's input.
My dedicated home theater project with a 120" screen and a really decent projector is sadly starting to become of much less importance as of late.
In fact, I'm starting to consider scrapping the whole idea. Why? Because the heart and soul of my movie collection has been, and alway will be catalog titles. And a Blu-Ray title that could look 6 times better than dvd, but instead looking just slightly better....absolutely pathetic.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by willyTass /t/321402/a-few-words-about-scent-of-a-woman-in-blu-ray#post_3936743
gee Universal's really on a roll aren't they?

Imagine how bad the releases will be once the 100th anniversary is over with because if this is Universal at their best.......well you know.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
i must apologize for my earlier excitement of the remastered Out of Africa- the more i see it the more it seems not quite right - most scenes look great but others look like paint by number with stupid, unnecessary Noise reduction
Universal is easily the worst studio for catalogue quality control at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks