What's new

Twilight Time September/October 2012 Releases (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
b0f79348_night_of_the_living_dead.jpeg

THE SOUND AND THE FURY (1959) BLU-RAY - Sept 11th

STEEL MAGNOLIAS (1989) BLU-RAY - Sept 11th

ENEMY MINE (1985) BLU-RAY - Oct 9th

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990) BLU-RAY - Oct 9th

Complete list of TT releases to date:

THE KREMLIN LETTER (1970) DVD - March 15th

VIOLENT SATURDAY (1955) DVD - April 12th

FATE IS THE HUNTER (1964) DVD - May 10th

WOMAN OBSESSED (1959) DVD - June 14th

THE EGYPTIAN (1954) DVD and BLU-RAY - July 12th

THE FLIM-FLAM MAN (1967) DVD - Aug 9th

MY COUSIN RACHEL (1952) DVD - Sept 13th

STAGECOACH (1966) DVD - Oct 11th

THE LEFT HAND OF GOD (1955) DVD - Nov 8th

MYSTERIOUS ISLAND (1961) BLU-RAY - Nov 8th

RAPTURE (1965) BLU-RAY - Dec 13th

FRIGHT NIGHT (1985) BLU-RAY - Dec 13th (SOLD OUT)

THE ROOTS OF HEAVEN (1958) BLU-RAY - Jan 17th

PICNIC (1955) BLU-RAY - Jan 17th

SWAMP WATER (1941) BLU-RAY - Feb 14th

PAL JOEY (1957) BLU-RAY - Feb 14th

DEMETRIUS AND THE GLADIATORS (1954) BLU-RAY - March 13th

BITE THE BULLET (1975) BLU-RAY - March 13th

DESIREE (1954) BLU-RAY - April 10th

BELL, BOOK & CANDLE (1958) BLU-RAY - April 10th

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (1959) BLU-RAY - May 8th

THE BIG HEAT (1953) BLU-RAY - May 8th

John Steinbeck's THE WAYWARD BUS (1957) BLU-RAY - June 12th

AS GOOD AS IT GETS (1997) BLU-RAY - June 12th

THOSE MAGNIFICENT MEN IN THEIR FLYING MACHINES (1965) BLU-RAY - July 10th

COVER GIRL (1944) BLU-RAY - July 10th

HIGH TIME (1960) BLU-RAY - Aug 14th

BYE BYE BIRDIE (1963) BLU-RAY - Aug 14th

THE SOUND AND THE FURY (1959) BLU-RAY - Sept 11th

STEEL MAGNOLIAS (1989) BLU-RAY - Sept 11th

ENEMY MINE (1985) BLU-RAY - Oct 9th

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990) BLU-RAY - Oct 9th

All titles strictly limited to 3,000 copies

Available exclusively through our distributors, Screen Archives Entertainment, at www.screenarchives.com

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Is The Sound And The Fury any good? I've never seen it and I admire Joanne Woodward enormously. A great actress.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm in for NOTLD and ENEMY MINE. I'm keeping my NOTLD DVD for the extras, though. I suppose it would be too much to ask for the deleted scenes to be included but I'll be happy with a good-looking transfer.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm definitely down for Steel Magnolias, but I'm surprised this is a TT title (with a planned made for TV remake, you'd think Sony would keep it to themselves to tie in with it).

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I'll be buying The Sound and the Fury and maybe Enemy Mine.
I'm guessing Night of the Living Dead might be the next big early sell-out.

The remake of NOTLD 90 had a Tom Savini commentary that if its not on the Blu Ray may make me pass on this. 35.00 for a bare bones release , even if its in HD gets a little ridiculous, but I like the movie. Id rather my $$$ go to Shout Factory titles that are cheaper and have lot of extras
Call me being a little skeptical. I like the movie so Im on the fence. Let there be extras please ! :)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Twilight Time blu-ray re-releases seem to be porting extras from previous DVD editions lately, so there is a good chance they may appear on the new blu-ray.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Steel Magnolias is a title I would have thought to have been released on blu-ray and not as a limited edition, however I am glad it is being released and I look forward to purchasing it ..........(that being said I wish its slot had gone to a more obscure film never released on DVD or even VHS.)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I don't mean to come across as sexist in any way, and perhaps I'm just unaware of the Blu-Ray buying demographic. Going on personal experience, most females I know my age, and older either "can't see the difference" between Blu, and dvd or really don't care about the format much and would be satisfied with a dvd copy.
In my opinion The Blu-Ray format is a mostly male driven hobby.
The fact that a major studio will license one of the most popular "chick flicks"(oh, lets face it this film is THEE chick flick) to Twilight Time in a way confirms my thinking. 3,000 copies across the country doesn't go far.
Again, I apologize to any girl that supports the Blu-Ray format, and more power to you. This is entirely my opinion on the general consumer scale.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by JoHud /t/321400/twilight-time-september-october-2012-releases#post_3936676
Twilight Time blu-ray re-releases seem to be porting extras from previous DVD editions lately, so there is a good chance they may appear on the new blu-ray.
If the studio allows them to use it they will. Sometimes for whatever reason the studio can't or won't include previous bonus features.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
'Enemy Mine' should look great, and sell out quickly. I'll make sure to pre-order when available.
Tom Savini's Night Of The Living Dead has been in my collection of horror dvd's for years. I'll have to rewatch it to make sure I want to upgrade.

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
Bryan^H said:
I don't mean to come across as sexist in any way, and perhaps I'm just unaware of the Blu-Ray buying demographic. Going on personal experience, most females I know my age, and older either "can't see the difference" between Blu, and dvd or really don't care about the format much and would be satisfied with a dvd copy.
In my opinion The Blu-Ray format is a mostly male driven hobby.
The fact that a major studio will license one of the most popular "chick flicks"(oh, lets face it this film is THEE chick flick) to Twilight Time in a way confirms my thinking. 3,000 copies across the country doesn't go far.
Again, I apologize to any girl that supports the Blu-Ray format, and more power to you. This is entirely my opinion on the general consumer scale.
I see your point but perhaps it is less gender-linked than you think. After all, Journey to the Center of the Earth and Mysterious Island (classic sci-fi with Bernard Herrmann scores) should fit the male demographic but also went to Twilight Time. Titles like Taxi Driver and Bridge on the River Kwai (one of the great motion pictures of all time) did appear on standard Blu-ray but have been widely discounted to as little as $7, suggesting not much market interest.
I think the real issue is that many classics have already been on home video and via other means sufficiently to reduce their appeal on Blu-ray to a point where TT becomes attractive to the studios.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!
-- Paula the Female D'Un Certain Age Who Loves Blu-Ray and Can Definitely See the Difference

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Have any of the Twilight Time films in blu ray sold out their 3000 copies to date ?:confused::confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks