Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ten Favorite Star Trek TOS Episodes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#61 of 70 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted June 15 2012 - 11:03 AM

Amok Time The Doomsday Machine Savage Curtain Spectre of the Gun The Paradise Syndrome Who Mourns for Adonis Journey to Babel The Immunity Syndrome Space Seed The Ultimate Computer The episodes i really hate, and helped kill the show IMO are... Spock's Brain The Way to Eden Plato's Stepchildren And can we get some love for the green haired, silver battle bra'ed (is that how you would type it?), lady from The Gamesters of Triskelion! :)

#62 of 70 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts

Posted June 15 2012 - 11:04 AM

Amok Time The Doomsday Machine Savage Curtain Spectre of the Gun The Paradise Syndrome Who Mourns for Adonis Journey to Babel The Immunity Syndrome Space Seed The Ultimate Computer The episodes i really hate, and helped kill the show IMO are... Spock's Brain The Way to Eden Plato's Stepchildren And can we get some love for the green haired, silver battle bra'ed (is that how you would type it?), lady from The Gamesters of Triskelion! :)

#63 of 70 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,348 posts

Posted June 15 2012 - 03:16 PM

Rick, That would be Shanna (Angelique Pettijohn). I've seen her Trek name spelled at least two ways. I'd have to check the credits to be certain of the spelling.

#64 of 70 OFFLINE   RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts

Posted June 15 2012 - 03:38 PM

Rick, That would be Shanna (Angelique Pettijohn). I've seen her Trek name spelled at least two ways. I'd have to check the credits to be certain of the spelling.

Yep, that would be her. Something about her elevates the whole episode...

#65 of 70 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Lead Actor

• 9,348 posts

Posted June 16 2012 - 03:51 AM

Rick, I think she had the wild, colorful hair before it was in vogue!

#66 of 70 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted June 16 2012 - 01:02 PM

There were some interesting supporting actresses in the show like the following: 1. City on the edge of Forever (Joan Collins) 2. Shoreleave (Emily Banks) 3. That which survives (Lee Meriweather) 4. Paradise Syndrome (Sabrina Scarf) You add in some excellent supporting actors 1. The Apple (David Soul) 2. Bread and Circus (William Smithers - Jeremy Wendell [Dallas] 3. Doomsday Machine (William Windom [Dallas] 4. Omega Glory (Morgan Woodward - Dallas) Have any of you notice that many Star Trek Actors had roles on Dallas?

#67 of 70 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,684 posts

Posted June 16 2012 - 02:59 PM

10-All Our Yesterdays 9-This Side Of Paradise 8-Arena 7-The Devil In The Dark 6-Who Mourns The Adonais? 5-Catspaw 4-Shore Leave 3-The Paradise Syndrome(in a way I think "The Inner Light" from TNG is much like this episode) 2-Let That Be Your Last Battlefield 1- Spectre Of The Gun

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#68 of 70 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 627 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 02:55 AM

And can we get some love for the green haired, silver battle bra'ed (is that how you would type it?), lady from The Gamesters of Triskelion! :)

I hear ya RickER, another great episode that would be in my top 15.

#69 of 70 OFFLINE   bryan4999

bryan4999

Second Unit

• 486 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 04:35 AM

We could also talked about the top 10 episodes based on their digital re-mastering. 1. Doomsday Machine 2. Enterprise Incident 3. Tholian Web 4. Tomorrow is Yesterday 5. Balance of Terror 6. Arena 7. City on the edge of forever 8. Piece of the action 9. Errand of Mercy 10. Assignment:: Earth The best episodes for digitally re-mastering are those with many outside pictures. I have both the re-mastered and un-mastered star trek. I have a hard time watching the un-mastered episodes now as i like the upgraded images. I guess each of us will have our own preferences for episodes and that is what is good about these forums as they allow us to express our opinion!

Watched The Galileo Seven on the projector this past weekend and I wanted to suggest it for the list of best digital remastering. Both the green nebula and Spock venting thje plasma look amazing, especially when you compare to the original which obviously showed their lack of budget at the time. The plasma venting is just such a gorgeous image, and adds to the sense of peril and desperation. I have to add that I am a huge fan of the "old fashioned" methods of using models, etc., but in some cases CGI really fills the bill. (One of the things I really like about Zathura was that director Favreau insisted on using models, and only used CGI for the backgrounds.)

#70 of 70 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted July 01 2012 - 07:55 PM

Watched The Galileo Seven on the projector this past weekend and I wanted to suggest it for the list of best digital remastering. Both the green nebula and Spock venting thje plasma look amazing, especially when you compare to the original which obviously showed their lack of budget at the time. The plasma venting is just such a gorgeous image, and adds to the sense of peril and desperation. I have to add that I am a huge fan of the "old fashioned" methods of using models, etc., but in some cases CGI really fills the bill. (One of the things I really like about Zathura was that director Favreau insisted on using models, and only used CGI for the backgrounds.)

My favorite re-mastered one is still the doomsday machine as it is one of the episodes with exterior shots. I found the episodes with the greater exterior shots whether they are spaceships and/or buildings look excellent with CGI graphics. The Galileo 7 shuttlecraft scenes are excellent, especially as spock ignites the fuel.