Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need Web-controlled Matrix or Smart Amplifier

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Bob Sisson

Bob Sisson

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted June 05 2012 - 04:39 AM

We have lots of Speakers all over the house... but my wife wants to be able to control everything from her smartphone... Can be single source, but I need to be able to change the volume in any area from a smart phone... Would LIKE 4-zones plus a 5th zone pre-amp output only (goes to the BIG amp for the 70V outside speaker setup) Looked at Control4, but couldn't see if I could use a standard browser or had to get proprietary software for Android & Iphones.... With our without amplification is fine, I have lots of small amps for the small zones, and the BIG zone already has its own amp... Looking for ideas... Again, only need ONE source as that source is PC with Pandora, a gazillion MP3's, WinAmp and all are browser controllable...
Bob Sisson
Keeper of the Dragon and other things at Redwall
mailto:bob@sissonfamily.com
http://www.sissonfamily.com

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted June 06 2012 - 10:58 AM

Winamp Remote Control is free but difficult to set up. You will use a PC as a "hub" with whatever source you have plugged into it. Sonos is an easy plug/play solution but is expensive. How much is your time worth piecing something together?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users