Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for CD player

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   deckerone

deckerone

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted June 05 2012 - 04:07 AM

So I was doing some research and thought ,wow what a great idea to load all of my CD into one player and then play them as needed without going through reems of baxes looking for something all the time. As it turs out I am behind the times and both Pioneer and Sony no longer make them (so I am told) and everyone recomends digital music sources, (hell I still have my old record collection). So I am still looking for a CD player but is it better to go with a 1 or multi disc player? or forget about it all together?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Mr645

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts
  • LocationBoca Raton, Florida

Posted June 05 2012 - 04:17 AM

I think most people are using a BLuRay player to handle CD playing. Check out the models from Oppo

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Selden Ball

Selden Ball

Second Unit

• 412 posts

Posted June 05 2012 - 08:24 AM

For single-disc playing, any cheap "commodity" Blu-ray player ( < $200) will work just fine if an HDMI connection is all you need. You'll have to look carefully at features if you need either an optical or an rca digital connection: some have one or the other or both or neither. If you want high-quality analog outputs, you'll need one of the more expensive ( ~ $500) players like the Oppos or high end Panasonics. For multi-disc playing, you'll be limited to loading 5 discs at a time. Onkyo has a cheap 5 CD player, for example. Sadly, if you want to easily select among many CDs, current technology will require you to copy your CDs to a computer or file server. "Ripping" them can be much faster than playing them,but it's still an inconvenience. Modern AVRs include support for streaming networked audio. Modern BD players do network streaming too, and can be connected to AVRs which don't have networking.
Selden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users