Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Yamaha NS-777

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Shorty Boy76

Shorty Boy76

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted June 02 2012 - 03:13 PM

Anyone have any experience with these towers? I've been reading reviews where some people say they have good bass extension and others say they dont. Can't test them out here because no store sells them in town. ( Yamaha ns-777 towers)

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Mr645

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts
  • LocationBoca Raton, Florida

Posted June 02 2012 - 10:56 PM

Speakers are tough to buy without listening. Those Yamaha's should sound decent for the money, but there are a lot of choices in that price range for floor standing speakers. But since speakers make the biggest difference in sound on any system, I would suggest listening to several. In the "about" $300 there are popular choices from JBL, Polk, Jamo, Paradigm, Mission, Pinnacle and more. But those Yamaha's have a lot of features for the money.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Shorty Boy76

Shorty Boy76

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted June 03 2012 - 03:10 PM

The only thing I have the opportunity to listen to is Klipsch Icon, the def techs that come with the sub or subs (expensive), pioneers, Mirage Omnisets, and M/L motion 12's which are discontinued, and Polk tsi 300's. I like the experience on this forum and hoped for an answer. Turns out I may have to take a ride to take a listen to more brands

#4 of 4 ONLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,079 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted June 05 2012 - 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Shorty Boy76 

I like the experience on this forum and hoped for an answer. Turns out I may have to take a ride to take a listen to more brands

Sorry.  Asking about speakers is like asking about ice cream.  We all have our favorite flavor. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users