What's new

Center channel recommendations for vintage speakers? (1 Viewer)

cms5310

Auditioning
Real Name
chuck smith
hi, i have recently purchased vintage ADS L1230 floor standing speakers which are huge but sound great. can anyone recommend a center channel speaker which might work with these? thanks.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Matching a center speaker to vintage speakers is usually pretty difficult. Some people have used a single bookshelf from the same brand and era. Some try and find one with similar tweeters/mid-ranges (soft dome, metal, ribbon, etc). I couldn't find out much about those. What receiver do you have? If it includes some sort of room correction it might help tailor the sound.

happy ears

Auditioning
Real Name
david arsenault
hey punch in a/d/s CM250LCR it will come up in pdf file and u can check it out . im lookin for about half the price u paid for the 1230s if i gotta sell it and i do ,im makin room for some m12/90s i found in st louis. i have one 1230 and i match it with an 810 would like to find its mate someday? i upgraded at the store , they gave me trade in for an 810- 350.00 towards a 1230 for 750.00 for one speaker !!!!!!!!!!! never got back to trade for another ! sucks many years ago,,,,,,,,,,, hey keep an eye out for a c-2000 bi amp moudule for those things there hard to find but u need it to bi amp those things! u can only run them full signal right side posts , u know that if your running them already but dont try to bi wire or bi amp without that module it wont work . so anyway the speaker should be on ebay next week / im waitng to see if ups delivers them unharmed first?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks