-

Photo
- - - - -

Center channel recommendations for vintage speakers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   cms5310

cms5310

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 01 2012 - 02:36 AM

hi, i have recently purchased vintage ADS L1230 floor standing speakers which are huge but sound great. can anyone recommend a center channel speaker which might work with these? thanks.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,708 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted June 02 2012 - 02:07 AM

Matching a center speaker to vintage speakers is usually pretty difficult. Some people have used a single bookshelf from the same brand and era. Some try and find one with similar tweeters/mid-ranges (soft dome, metal, ribbon, etc). I couldn't find out much about those. What receiver do you have? If it includes some sort of room correction it might help tailor the sound.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   happy ears

happy ears

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted June 08 2012 - 02:48 PM

hey punch in a/d/s CM250LCR it will come up in pdf file and u can check it out . im lookin for about half the price u paid for the 1230s if i gotta sell it and i do ,im makin room for some m12/90s i found in st louis. i have one 1230 and i match it with an 810 would like to find its mate someday? i upgraded at the store , they gave me trade in for an 810- 350.00 towards a 1230 for 750.00 for one speaker !!!!!!!!!!! never got back to trade for another ! sucks many years ago,,,,,,,,,,, hey keep an eye out for a c-2000 bi amp moudule for those things there hard to find but u need it to bi amp those things! u can only run them full signal right side posts , u know that if your running them already but dont try to bi wire or bi amp without that module it wont work . so anyway the speaker should be on ebay next week / im waitng to see if ups delivers them unharmed first?