What's new

Looking to replace a 65" CRT (1 Viewer)

jwd12

Auditioning
Real Name
john dunn
Time to upgrade, I think. Have an old Toshiba HD TV (1999). It does not have 3D and more importantly it does not have HDMI connections. Right now I'm thinking the new Panasonic VT50. I watch HDTV using an antenna but have a Dish System. I also steam video using Netflix and Roku .I have many many DVD's and enjoy re watching them. I will have to get a 3d player to replace the current Sony and maybe replace my Outlaw receiver to permit HDMI switching. I have not paid to much attention to the equipment side of my home theater for a few years but it is time to get back into it. Thanks for your thoughts

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
If you were looking to replace your Toshiba with something of similar size, plasma is probably your best option. If you have a light-controlled theater room, you owe it to yourself to demo projector technology. Digital projectors, LCD, LCoS, and DLP have all come a long way in the past few years.

Projector people tend to gather at HTTP://WWW.AVSFORUM.COM

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I can highly recommend the VT50. I have the VT25 and have been very happy.

jwd12

Auditioning
Real Name
john dunn
Thanks, I beginning to wonder if the VT50 is worth the extra bucks. Not sure how important deep blacks are to my viewing which consists of over the air HDTV (sports), DVD's and some streaming of British TV (lousy picture quality but many good shows).

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I finally had to get rid of my Mit 65711 and replaced it with a Mit 65738 DLP...picture is great but alas, it's not sold anymore. They only
make the 73 inchers and that is what I'd go with, you won't regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks