Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking to replace a 65" CRT

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   jwd12

jwd12

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted May 31 2012 - 05:56 AM

Time to upgrade, I think. Have an old Toshiba HD TV (1999). It does not have 3D and more importantly it does not have HDMI connections. Right now I'm thinking the new Panasonic VT50. I watch HDTV using an antenna but have a Dish System. I also steam video using Netflix and Roku .I have many many DVD's and enjoy re watching them. I will have to get a 3d player to replace the current Sony and maybe replace my Outlaw receiver to permit HDMI switching. I have not paid to much attention to the equipment side of my home theater for a few years but it is time to get back into it. Thanks for your thoughts

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Eric-S

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator

• 216 posts

Posted June 01 2012 - 10:30 PM

If you were looking to replace your Toshiba with something of similar size, plasma is probably your best option. If you have a light-controlled theater room, you owe it to yourself to demo projector technology. Digital projectors, LCD, LCoS, and DLP have all come a long way in the past few years.   Projector people tend to gather at HTTP://WWW.AVSFORUM.COM  

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted June 01 2012 - 11:32 PM

I can highly recommend the VT50. I have the VT25 and have been very happy.
Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   jwd12

jwd12

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted June 02 2012 - 06:55 AM

Thanks, I beginning to wonder if the VT50 is worth the extra bucks. Not sure how important deep blacks are to my viewing which consists of over the air HDTV (sports), DVD's and some streaming of British TV (lousy picture quality but many good shows).

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   John Sparks

John Sparks

Screenwriter

• 1,006 posts
  • LocationMenifee, CA

Posted June 29 2012 - 04:56 AM

I finally had to get rid of my Mit 65711 and replaced it with a Mit 65738 DLP...picture is great but alas, it's not sold anymore. They only make the 73 inchers and that is what I'd go with, you won't regret it.
...retired at last...and Ray Harryhausen at my side!!!

My HT equipment consists of:

Epson 9500 UB PJ(Avical ISFd); 110" JKP Affinity Screen; Panny BD30 Player; Tosh HDA1 Player; Definitive Speakers(center, towers, rear); Onkyo 608 A/V Receiver; Nevo Q50 Remote; TWC HD Cable Box; Panamax Line Conditioner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users