Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

USHE Press Release: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#161 of 174 OFFLINE   Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux

Supporting Actor

• 816 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 09:15 AM

Ah, yes... E.T.: The Book of the Green Planet where we meet the Flopglopple. Dreary rubbish that tries like hell to include an older Elliott in the plot somehow, even though it takes place one million light years from Earth.
My DVDs

#162 of 174 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,553 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted June 18 2012 - 09:56 AM

That trailer is fantastic. And the movie will be available in "Viewmaster 3D". :)
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#163 of 174 OFFLINE   robb1138

robb1138

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 06:27 PM

Wow, that outline for a sequel is bad.

#164 of 174 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,456 posts

Posted June 18 2012 - 07:11 PM

That story treatment sounds like nonsense. Probably Spielberg and Mathison had to get something on paper, and registered with the WGA in order to ensure that nobody else would be able to write a sequel, if the studio ended up demanding one. Common practice in Hollywood, actually. I doubt they ever seriously considered putting that thing on film. The outline makes no sense and is loaded with typos, which makes me think they banged it out in an hour over a glass of Cook's Champagne or something...

#165 of 174 OFFLINE   Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 415 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted June 19 2012 - 05:37 PM

Quite frankly, I'm more than a little interested in the idea of E.T. on Blu Ray. I've been considering upgrading all the Spielberg's to blu--I already fully intend on getting JAWS on 8/14--and am thinking of adding E.T. to that mix. I have the 2 DVD version with the original and SE discs. I have no special beef with the SE but am happy the original is the one coming out.

Viewing a 3D movie in 2D is kinda like viewing a Scope movie in Pan and Scan.

#166 of 174 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted June 19 2012 - 05:41 PM

Todd, do you have Close Encounters? It is awesome on blu.

#167 of 174 OFFLINE   Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore

Second Unit

• 415 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted June 20 2012 - 05:12 PM

Todd, do you have Close Encounters? It is awesome on blu.
Not yet, but it's on the list to get. I had the 3 DVD set and sold it to get the Blu Ray. Funny enough, I've only ever seen the theatrical cut of CE3K so far. I'll watch all 3 versions though when I do get the Blu. I might wait and have a Speiblerg on Blu day and watch Jaws, CE3K, E.T., and Tintin on the same day. Maybe. The decision to upgrade or not for me is usually based on how I got the DVD though. By that I mean, if I bought the DVD myself, I have no particular qualms about selling it and upgrading to the Blu Ray. But if it was a gift, that gift has some form of sentimental value attached to it and I will not upgrade, or if I do, I don't get rid of the DVD. For instance, The Dark Knight was a gift. I'm sure the Blu Ray of the movie looks bitching as all get out, but I'll stick with the DVD. Jaws I bought, so Jaws is more replaceable. This is especially true as certain people who have given me these gifts are no longer around, so I keep the DVD as a sentimental reminder of them. That may sound strange, but that's my logic. So yes, even a complete piece of garbage like the Alpha SLAVES IN BONDAGE is still on my shelf as it was a gift--a gag gift, true, but a gift nonetheless by a friend who passed away.

Viewing a 3D movie in 2D is kinda like viewing a Scope movie in Pan and Scan.

#168 of 174 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,536 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted June 26 2012 - 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by haineshisway /t/321107/ushe-press-release-e-t-the-extra-terrestrial/60#post_3932946 I wonder if anyone knows who is posting in this thread who's actually in ET?
  I know!!  I know!!    

#169 of 174 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,356 posts

Posted July 26 2012 - 09:40 AM

October 9th is the chosen release date for this title

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#170 of 174 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,307 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted July 30 2012 - 07:47 AM

I know!!  I know!!    :drum:
I really need to know so I can clear something up.... My story: When I was a kid I wrote to Mr. Spielberg requesting everybody's autographs and they never arrived. I just know all those awesome autographs are sitting in a post office somewhere with a bad zip code on them. :( So I just need to start again is all. ... I know it's not Dee Wallace posting here.. right? *hopes beyond all hope* oh please oh please oh please...
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#171 of 174 OFFLINE   NY2LA

NY2LA

Screenwriter

• 1,352 posts

Posted July 30 2012 - 01:16 PM

I really need to know so I can clear something up....
My story: When I was a kid I wrote to Mr. Spielberg requesting everybody's autographs and they never arrived. I just know all those awesome autographs are sitting in a post office somewhere with a bad zip code on them. :( So I just need to start again is all. ... I know it's not Dee Wallace posting here.. right? *hopes beyond all hope* oh please oh please oh please...

Dee Wallace is as sweet as you would hope, and has her own website, so she is fairly easy to reach. http://iamdeewallace.com/

#172 of 174 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 6,307 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted July 30 2012 - 02:47 PM

Dee Wallace is as sweet as you would hope, and has her own website, so she is fairly easy to reach. http://iamdeewallace.com/

Well now I"m just embarrassed... :P ...but I bookmarked that. She's one of my favorite actresses for being in ET. And all those horror films that line my movie shelf.

I'll try to think of something to write her. Really, I'd be completely starstruck if she wrote back.
Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#173 of 174 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 878 posts

Posted September 11 2012 - 03:03 PM

News update: http://herocomplex.l...anniversary/#/0

#174 of 174 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,986 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 11 2012 - 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave B Ferris /t/321107/ushe-press-release-e-t-the-extra-terrestrial/150#post_3973574

News update:
http://herocomplex.l...anniversary/#/0

Yup.  Saw the trailer for the special screening this past weekend at AMC.  Right after the Raiders of the Lost Ark trailer. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users