Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Running exterior speakers in series?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Daddy-G

Daddy-G

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 09:35 AM

I am finishing up the landscaping in my back yard and have run conduit to 6 planters (one from the next). I have 2 pair of speaker wire coming from a remote on the patio (which home runs to A/V location). Can anyone tell me how to wire up speakers like this? I think it's called running in "series"??? Thanks!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,216 posts

Posted May 30 2012 - 03:59 AM

I didn't follow the first part of your post, but connecting in series means connecting as such: rcvr+ to spkr1+, spkr1- to spkr2+, spkr2+ to rcvr-. You can add more speakers in the chain by repeating the pattern. Do the same thing on the other channel(s). I'm assuming you have at least a left/right. It's not a good idea to only use one channel of a pair if you can't turn the other off in the set-up menu. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that each speaker adds it resistance to the circuit, which reduces the overall power to each speaker and lowers the volume.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users