Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Is CBS Paramount Going To Continue With Accelerated TV Show Releases?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 of 101 MCCLOUD

MCCLOUD

Second Unit

• 266 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 08:49 AM

It is a big and welcome suprise to see that CBS Paramount has announced The Streets of San Francisco Season 4 Volume 1 and Volume 2 for release on the same day in late August! This comes less then 2 months after the release of Season 3 Volume 1 and Volume 2 in July. What is going on here? First CBS Paramount has started releasing both Volumes of a Season on the same day-- not 6 months apart like they had been doing. Now they are releasing another season less than 2 mionths apart! They stalled Streets and other series for years and when they did release them they were done at the slow pace of taking over a year just to get a complete season-- in 2 volumes out. I wish CBS Paramount had done this years ago, think how many series would now be completed? What Season would Gunsmoke be on now?. I am glad that CBS Paramount is doing this and hope they continue doing it. I would like to ask Gary or anyone else with information if they knew this was coming and if this is going to be normal for CBS Paramount in terms of upcoming releases. I sure hope so! Thanks for all information and thanks CBS Paramount! God Bless! Robert

#2 of 101 Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,029 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 09:00 AM

Yes, I knew it was coming. No, I didn't know it was coming that quickly.

#3 of 101 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,914 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm pleased it's getting the fast-track treatment though I hope they remembered to remaster it. We haven't had an update to the CBS syndication Bible since January which would let us know if remastering work had begun on S4 of Streets (only S3 was confirmed at the time).

#4 of 101 Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,520 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCCLOUD 

I would like to ask Gary or anyone else with information if they knew this was coming and if this is going to be normal for CBS Paramount in terms of upcoming releases.

Yes I knew both volumes were going to be released at the same time and I knew the date they were being released.  And yes, you can expect more of the same.  Several series are scheduled to get this kind of treatment.  I dare not say more.  Posted Image

Gary "the decision to go to '.com' only releases looks, early on, to have helped accelerate some series" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#5 of 101 derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 720 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 10:25 AM

Please please please CBS.... how about some more LOVE BOAT ???? :)

#6 of 101 TV_Fan

TV_Fan

Second Unit

• 281 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 10:25 AM

I just hope we see the final season of Mork & Mindy sometime in the near future.

#7 of 101 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,914 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hmm, "several series". Dare I hope for "Love Boat?" With at least four more seasons remastered than have been released on DVD that means they have to have a lot waiting to go!

#8 of 101 jdee28

jdee28

Supporting Actor

• 996 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 10:27 AM

Quote: Yes I knew both volumes were going to be released at the same time and I knew the date they were being released.  And yes, you can expect more of the same.  Several series are scheduled to get this kind of treatment.  I dare not say more.  :D Gary "the decision to go to '.com' only releases looks, early on, to have helped accelerate some series" O.

Here's hoping Gunsmoke, Rawhide and Perry Mason are among them and that they stay digitally remastered! Hasn't CBS/Paramount been raising the retail price of some of these releases though? I still haven't found Perry Mason Season 6, Vol 1 or 2, under $25.

#9 of 101 Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,382 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted May 29 2012 - 10:35 AM

^ I'm with you on more Posted Image Love Boat...."set a course for adventure...."

So as long as everyone else is speculating I am just going to say I hope it means more "Barnaby Jones". :)

Posted Image I want more "Barnaby" too.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#10 of 101 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,075 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 10:36 AM

There are three CBS/P titles which I'm hoping get the same treatment as The Streets of San Francisco - Barnaby Jones, Early Edition and Hotel. Would most want to see Hotel continued, but it's almost neck and neck between that and Early Edition.

#11 of 101 peggy

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 10:36 AM

Quote: Yes I knew both volumes were going to be released at the same time and I knew the date they were being released.  And yes, you can expect more of the same.  Several series are scheduled to get this kind of treatment.  I dare not say more.  :D Gary "the decision to go to '.com' only releases looks, early on, to have helped accelerate some series" O.

So as long as everyone else is speculating I am just going to say I hope it means more "Barnaby Jones". :)

#12 of 101 derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 720 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 10:45 AM

Would most want to see Hotel continued, but it's almost neck and neck between that and Early Edition.

I'm ready for Early Edition season three too!!!!

#13 of 101 phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted May 30 2012 - 04:39 AM

I agree! The CBS/P title I would most like to be unstalled would be Barnaby Jones. They did such a bang-up job with the first 13 episodes, they left me wanting more. I don't care how they do it, just do it. Go CBS!

#14 of 101 darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 717 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted May 30 2012 - 05:35 AM

How about wrapping up Laverne & Shirley and Happy Days, as I think Mork and Mindy is complete in being released.

#15 of 101 progrocktv

progrocktv

Stunt Coordinator

• 80 posts

Posted May 30 2012 - 08:35 AM

+1 more for Barnaby Jones!
My current "obscurities" wishlist:
The Magician (Starring Bill Bixby)/ Project UFO/ Search (Probe)/ T.H.E. Cat/ It Takes a Thief/ My Mother the Car/ Man from Atlantis/ The Goodies (season sets R1)/ Hey Landlord!/Captain Nice/ Green Hornet/ '66 Batman (yea, right!)/

#16 of 101 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,075 posts

Posted May 30 2012 - 08:39 AM

Where's Chris Cook, as I've a fairly good idea of which CBS/P he'll be suggesting he'd most like to see continued by CBS/P on DVD?

#17 of 101 HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,209 posts

Posted May 30 2012 - 09:35 AM

Good Paramount times back on the speedy track! :tu: CBS, please take note of the many Barnaby Jones wishes here's another one from me. Remastered or not is no deal breaker to me, but if you're onto that task now we shall be even happier campers. By the way, in their syndication bible it says Seasons 4 and 5 of Streets are in progress and we know S4's coming now so we can assume it's been HD transferred and expect S5 to be so as well.

#18 of 101 GMBurns

GMBurns

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts
  • LocationPlainville, CT

Posted May 30 2012 - 01:32 PM

One more good wish for Barnaby Jones. And while I'm dreaming, how about Cannon S3?

#19 of 101 Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,520 posts

Posted May 30 2012 - 01:53 PM

I'd also love to see more Barnaby Jones, for what it's worth.

Gary "also hoping we can see the final season of Father Dowling by the end of the year" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#20 of 101 vnisanian2001

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted May 30 2012 - 02:01 PM

I just hope we see the final season of Mork & Mindy sometime in the near future.

It will never happen. Blame that on Robin Williams singing a line from a Beatles song in one episode ("Hey Jude).
 To all fans of Mr. Belvedere who haven't purchased season 4 yet, please watch this video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users