Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

NY PD Blu....public domain titles you would like to see get a Bluray upgrade

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted May 28 2012 - 07:33 AM

With the recent release of the stuck in public domain hell of BIRDS OF PARADISE...I was thinking of others I would like to see rescued.... BORN TO WIN...this Ivan Passer film is as good as his revered CUTTERS WAY. THE HARRAD EXPERIMENT...a controversial film at its time of release...this is an interesting experiment. A GUNFIGHT...this. is a nice little western with a great cast EMBRYO...an unfairly thrashed film that was ahead of its time DEAR MR WOINDERFUL...Joe Pesci gave a great performance WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS...I watched this every time it aired I'm sure there are many others

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,614 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 28 2012 - 08:32 AM

The first one that popped into my head: Life with Father. Oh, how splendid would that 3-strip Technicolor look with a proper restoration and on Blu-ray!

#3 of 7 ONLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,856 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted May 28 2012 - 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by MattH. 

The first one that popped into my head: Life with Father. Oh, how splendid would that 3-strip Technicolor look with a proper restoration and on Blu-ray!

I asked WAC on Facebook if they were considering this title for archive release since they had a history of doing PD titles right.  They said that they do not have the rights to the film anymore. I agree a Blu would be splendid.  All the PD DVD's look so washed out and I really wanted to see this title done right.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,614 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 29 2012 - 01:33 AM

Even the print that's shown on TCM occasionally looks wan. A real shame.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Richard V

Richard V

Screenwriter

• 1,596 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 02:36 AM

The Snows of Kilimanjaro, The Last Man on Earth
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,914 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 06:51 AM

One Eyed Jacks. The current BRDs are utter garbage and don't count. It is rumoured that The Hell With Heroes is PD. I don't know if that's true but it's certainly missing in action and I'd love to have it on BRD.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 820 posts

Posted May 29 2012 - 08:04 AM

One Eyed Jacks. The current BRDs are utter garbage and don't count. It is rumoured that The Hell With Heroes is PD. I don't know if that's true but it's certainly missing in action and I'd love to have it on BRD.

How they even thought they could get away with such a subpar Blu of a great western is beyond comprehension. "SacreBlu!".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users