What's new

NY PD Blu....public domain titles you would like to see get a Bluray upgrade (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
With the recent release of the stuck in public domain hell of BIRDS OF PARADISE...I was thinking of others I would like to see rescued....
BORN TO WIN...this Ivan Passer film is as good as his revered CUTTERS WAY.
THE HARRAD EXPERIMENT...a controversial film at its time of release...this is an interesting experiment.
A GUNFIGHT...this. is a nice little western with a great cast
EMBRYO...an unfairly thrashed film that was ahead of its time
DEAR MR WOINDERFUL...Joe Pesci gave a great performance
WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS...I watched this every time it aired
I'm sure there are many others

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The first one that popped into my head: Life with Father. Oh, how splendid would that 3-strip Technicolor look with a proper restoration and on Blu-ray!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by MattH. /t/321031/ny-pd-blu-public-domain-titles-you-would-like-to-see-get-a-bluray-upgrade#post_3930814
The first one that popped into my head: Life with Father. Oh, how splendid would that 3-strip Technicolor look with a proper restoration and on Blu-ray!
I asked WAC on Facebook if they were considering this title for archive release since they had a history of doing PD titles right. They said that they do not have the rights to the film anymore. I agree a Blu would be splendid. All the PD DVD's look so washed out and I really wanted to see this title done right.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
One Eyed Jacks. The current BRDs are utter garbage and don't count. It is rumoured that The Hell With Heroes is PD. I don't know if that's true but it's certainly missing in action and I'd love to have it on BRD.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Robin9 said:
One Eyed Jacks. The current BRDs are utter garbage and don't count. It is rumoured that The Hell With Heroes is PD. I don't know if that's true but it's certainly missing in action and I'd love to have it on BRD.
How they even thought they could get away with such a subpar Blu of a great western is beyond comprehension. "SacreBlu!".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks