Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What Do You Think of These Speaker Stands?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   BluHT

BluHT

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted May 27 2012 - 01:56 PM

I recently acquired an Aperion Intimus 4T 5.1 audio setup, including the Aperion Intimus 4B bookshelf-style speakers as the surrounds. (A terrific investment, btw — I'm noticing all sorts of subtleties I never heard before.) Since I would prefer to mount the speakers on floor stands (as opposed to on a shelf or table), I've been looking at speaker stands, including the pair that the manufacturer recommends for the 4B speakers, the Sanus EFSat Speaker Stand: http://www.aperionau....14,40,876.aspx Who else has stands like these? On the product detail page they look relatively elegant (and they're adjustable) but my concern is about their stability and durability. They're not extremely expensive, but I also don't want stands that look cheap in reality. There's also this one: http://www.omnimount....ries/gemini_1/ and this one: http://www.omnimount....ries/gemini_2/ The alternative would be to buy stands with thicker columns.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   mb96001

mb96001

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted May 27 2012 - 06:48 PM

Your links didn't work for me. Maybe my reply is to old. Anyway, I don't think the stand is a big issue. I paid $50 for no name stands for the 4 speakers (2 front-2 rear). The base of the stand is heavy. The speakers bolt on, or Velcro on. They swivel. The height is adjustable. Really, what else is there? These 4 speakers have no bass to vibrate. Out of all the 5.1 equipment, the speaker stands were the very least of my concern. I'm not saying that your question about the stands is unimportant. It is, however, the only equipment I didn't think about when putting my system together. A heavy base so they don't tip, and Lots of ability to adjust..

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,809 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted May 27 2012 - 09:59 PM

According to Sanus those stands support up to 10 lbs (the 4B's are 6 1/2) and have a high-mass cast iron plate so if Aperion recommends them that would be good enough for me. Personally, I use solid wood plant stands for my surrounds (I'm in earthquake country) but nothing wrong with any of the stands you mentioned.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users