Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pursued coming to Blu Ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   John Morgan

John Morgan

Supporting Actor

• 718 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted May 25 2012 - 09:33 AM

Olive is releasing Walsh's great western-noir PURSUED August 21st. This should look and sound terrific on Blu. I have the "restored" version on DVD that I think UCLA did sometime back. I remember Martin Scorsese name was attached. It looked great except for one reel that was a dupe and wasn't as sharp as the rest of the film, so hopefully that was rectified, if possible.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 2,305 posts

Posted May 25 2012 - 10:50 AM

I agree. That DVD did look great. (It still does!) So much so, that I doubt I'll buy the BRD. I'll decide when I've read the opinions of knowledgeable people.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Richard--W

Richard--W

Producer

• 3,527 posts

Posted May 25 2012 - 10:56 AM

Posted Image

Can't wait to see how PURSUED (1947) looks on Blu-ray. There isn't enough western noir.

Let's hope Andre de Toth's RAMROD (RKO, 1947), Robert Wise's BLOOD ON THE MOON (RKO, 948), and Joseph Kane's RIDE THE MAN DOWN (Republic,1952) find their way onto Blu-ray before I get another year older. Three classic western noirs based on novels by the great Luke Short.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,495 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted May 25 2012 - 12:30 PM

Olive is releasing Walsh's great western-noir PURSUED August 21st. This should look and sound terrific on Blu. I have the "restored" version on DVD that I think UCLA did sometime back. I remember Martin Scorsese name was attached. It looked great except for one reel that was a dupe and wasn't as sharp as the rest of the film, so hopefully that was rectified, if possible.
I've seen a broadcast version in HD and it looked *fantastic*, sharp as a tack with beautiful inky blacks.
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   aHorseofCourse

aHorseofCourse

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted May 25 2012 - 01:08 PM

I've seen a broadcast version in HD and it looked *fantastic*, sharp as a tack with beautiful inky blacks.
That's nice to know, John. I'm a big fan of this one so will be looking forward to seeing the finished product.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users