Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Lionsgate Press Release: The Hunger Games (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,744 posts

Posted May 23 2012 - 09:37 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,744 posts

Posted May 25 2012 - 08:18 AM

Now available for preorder

http://www.amazon.co...37962629&sr=8-3

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,111 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted July 09 2012 - 03:53 PM

Special features trailer:  

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,564 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 21 2012 - 11:58 AM

Is there a review on HTF. anyway it seems the rental version only has a standard DD Audio track.
facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,208 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted August 22 2012 - 07:15 PM

Lionsgate probably figured that since it's one of the top grossing films of all time they didn't need to bother sending out review copies because people would buy it anyway. Aside from a wonderful English 7.1 DTS-HD track, I heartily recommend the retail Blu-Ray for the documentary on the special features disc. I was worried they'd take the tack they took with the Harry Potter movies where the extras are really shallow affairs that condescend to the target age group. Instead, what we've got here is a great two-hour in depth look at the production from Suzanne Collins' first draft of the screenplay all of the way through to the premiere. Truly one of the best special features I've seen on a disc in years, one that left me with the thought process behind the film and not just the shiny stuff.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,645 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 23 2012 - 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/320927/lionsgate-press-release-the-hunger-games-blu-ray#post_3965511 Lionsgate probably figured that since it's one of the top grossing films of all time they didn't need to bother sending out review copies because people would buy it anyway.  
  No, review copies were available. They were simply being handled by a different PR firm than the one that usually sends out Lionsgate stuff, and for some reason our site was left off the list. The mistake has been rectified, and there should be a review here soon by MattCR.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   AaronMK

AaronMK

Supporting Actor

• 768 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted August 24 2012 - 06:19 AM

Is there a review on HTF. anyway it seems the rental version only has a standard DD Audio track.
The rental I got has been stripped of the lossless audio track. Only standard DD. Not exactly the kind of thing that puts me in a purchasing mood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users